A vegan Avocado Tomato Salad recipe with crisp cucumber and chickpeas! This fresh salad is only 7 ingredients and easy to assemble. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free.)
This simple 7-ingredient salad is pure summertime goodness!
It's great for picnics, potlucks, a light lunch, or tasty side dish.
We combine creamy avocado, sweet tomatoes, and crunchy cucumber with flavorful fresh herbs.
It comes together for a quick and easy dish with refreshing flavor. Plus it's easily customizable!
Ingredients for Tomato Cucumber Avocado Salad
For this recipe you will chop then combine in a large salad bowl:
- Avocados: You will need two large avocados for this recipe. Be sure they are ripe, but still fairly firm and not overly soft.
- Grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes: I use these because they have the most flavor. But you can substitute roma tomatoes or garden tomatoes if desired.
- Cucumber: I use English/hothouse cucumbers because they are more flavorful and have less seeds. However regular seedless garden cucumbers work great too.
- Garbanzo beans (chickpeas): These add a good source of plant-based protein and fiber to the dish.
- Red onion: Or substitute green onion for milder flavor.
- Fresh cilantro
- Lime juice
Dressing: I use fresh lime juice as a dressing but it would be great with lemon juice, white wine vinegar, or balsamic vinegar as well. (Also feel free to add a tablespoon of good quality olive oil if you wish.) Then salt to taste to help bring out the flavors.
Herbs: Change it up with your own favorite herbs. Toss in fresh basil, parsley, or dill as well.
Veggies: Include other vegetables like sweet corn, sliced bell pepper, arugula, chopped kale, etc.
Wrap option: Instead of a salad, try the filling in a whole grain wrap. You could also add vegan feta cheese crumbles if desired.
Store this salad in a sealed container in the refrigerator. It's best served the same day otherwise the avocados get a little mushy. We usually enjoy it within 1-2 days.
Preparing ahead: If making in advance, prepare the entire salad except for avocados. Then add the avocado when you're ready to serve.
For more inspiration, also browse all gluten-free recipes or oil-free recipes.
Avocado Tomato Salad with Cucumber
- 2 large avocados (ripe but not too soft)
- 1 cup chickpeas (cooked)
- 1 small cucumber (I use English/hothouse)
- 8 oz. grape tomatoes (or 3 romas, etc.)
- 1/3 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro (or parsley, dill, etc.)
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice (about 1 lime)
- Salt to taste
- Other possible additions: jalapeno, bell pepper, grilled corn, etc.
- Dice cucumber, halve/quarter tomatoes, and finely dice red onion.
- Roughly chop cilantro, stems removed.
- Rinse and drain garbanzo beans.
- Peel avocados and remove pits. Dice into medium chunks.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl. Add lime juice and salt. Lightly toss.
- I like to let it sit for about 15-20 minutes so the flavors blend a bit before eating. You can also cover and refrigerate until ready to eat. (It's best served the same day otherwise the avocados get a little creamy/mushy. We usually finish within 1-2 days.)
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
Sodium: This is omitted as I cannot provide an accurate number. I encourage you to calculate your own to provide a much more precise reading based on the exact ingredients, brands, and amounts you're using.
If you are enjoying this Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad recipe, also feel free to check out:
- Black Bean Avocado Edamame Salad
- Orzo Salad with Spinach and Tomato
- Cucumber Salad
- Southwestern Chopped Salad with Creamy Cilantro Dressing
Follow The Garden Grazer on Instagram, Pinterest, or Facebook for more updates and inspiration.
Made this for dinner tonight! Delish!!!!
Kaitlin | The Garden Grazer
Fantastic to hear - thanks for coming back to let me know!
Found your blog from Pinterest! Absolutely colourful recipes, just the kind I love to eat. Just saying hello to connect and to say how much I love your recipes.
Kaitlin | The Garden Grazer
Hello! So great to hear, and thanks for your sweet comment!