A fresh Avocado Tomato Salad with crisp cucumber and garbanzo bean boost! Only 7 ingredients and easy to make. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free.)
This simple 7-ingredient salad is pure summertime goodness!
Creamy avocado, sweet tomatoes, and crunchy cucumber come together for a quick and easy dish with fresh flavors.
Customize this as you see fit however. Toss in some extra tomatoes, beans, herbs, sweet corn, or whatever sounds good.
Ingredients for Avocado Tomato Salad
For this recipe you will need:
- Grape or cherry tomatoes
- Cucumber: I use English/hothouse cucumbers because they are more flavorful and have less seeds. However regular seedless garden cucumbers work too.
- Garbanzo beans
- Red onion: Or green onion for milder flavor.
- Fresh cilantro
- Lime juice
I simply use fresh lime juice as a dressing but it would be great with lemon juice or white wine vinegar as well.
It is also great for picnics, gatherings, or simply summer snacking.
Avocado Tomato Salad
- 2 avocados (not too soft)
- 8 oz. grape tomatoes (or 3 romas, etc.)
- 1 small cucumber (I use English/hothouse)
- 1 cup garbanzo beans (cooked)
- 1/3 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice (about 1 lime)
- Salt to taste
- Other possible additions: jalapeno, bell pepper, grilled corn, other herbs, etc.
- Dice cucumber, halve/quarter tomatoes, and finely dice red onion.
- Roughly chop cilantro, stems removed.
- Rinse and drain garbanzo beans.
- Peel avocados and remove pits. Dice into medium chunks.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl. Add lime juice and salt. Lightly toss.
- I like to let it sit for about 15-20 minutes so the flavors blend a bit before eating. You can also cover and refrigerate until ready to eat. (It's best served the same day otherwise the avocados get a little creamy/mushy. We usually finish within 1-2 days.)
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this Avocado Tomato Salad, also feel free to check out:
- Black Bean Avocado Edamame Salad
- Orzo Salad with Spinach and Tomato
- Cucumber Salad
- Southwestern Chopped Salad with Creamy Cilantro Dressing