Easy Avocado Edamame Salad with black beans! Just 8 simple ingredients and packed with plant-based protein & fresh veggies.
This easy, 8-ingredient salad has a double protein punch (edamame + black beans!) It’s tossed with a simple squeeze of lime juice for some bright, fresh flavor.
Plus it works great as either a side or main dish salad. Beautiful year-round, but especially in summer when tomatoes and corn are in season.
Check out the variation notes below the ingredients for additional ideas. Try garlic, cumin, agave, or play around with other flavors if desired. I’d love to hear what you come up with.
Plus this is a fantastic make-ahead dish as the flavors wonderfully intensify as it chills in the fridge. Which makes it a great choice for picnics, potlucks, take along lunches, meal prep, etc.
If making ahead of time, simply save the avocado to toss in right before serving.
Black Bean Avocado Edamame Salad
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 1 1/2 cups shelled edamame (8 oz.)
- 1 1/2 cups cherry or roma tomatoes
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 1/4 cup red onion (or green onion for milder flavor)
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- Juice from 1-2 limes (about 2-3 Tbsp.)
- 1 large ripe avocado
- Salt to taste
- Rinse and drain black beans. Dice tomatoes.
- Finely dice red onion. Roughly chop cilantro, large stems removed.
- In a medium bowl, add all ingredients except avocado. Toss to combine.
- Adjust seasoning if necessary (more lime juice, salt, etc.)
- Chill covered in the fridge if desired for 1-2 hours before serving. When ready to serve, dice avocado, add to bowl, and gently toss.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
Enjoying this Black Bean Avocado Edamame Salad? Also check out:
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make this! (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated – thank you!)