EASY Avocado Edamame Salad with black beans! Just 8 ingredients and packed with a double punch of healthy plant-based protein and fresh veggies.
We love this easy, 8-ingredient, nutrient-packed salad with a double protein punch (edamame + black beans!) All tossed with a super simple squeeze of lime for fresh, bright flavor. Just a quick note: I find limes can really vary in their juiciness, so I usually buy 2 to be safe in case more flavor is needed.
If you want to change it up a bit, there are some variation notes below the ingredients. (Try garlic, cumin, agave, or play around with other flavors you enjoy!) I’d love to hear what you guys come up with. Plus this is a fantastic make-ahead dish as the flavors beautifully intensify as it chills in the fridge. Which makes it a great choice for picnics, potlucks, take along lunches, meal prep, etc.
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a pic if you make this! I love seeing your beautiful recreations.
Black Bean Avocado Edamame Salad
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 1 1/2 cups shelled edamame (8 oz.)
- 1 1/2 cups cherry or roma tomatoes
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 1/4 cup red onion (or green onion for milder flavor)
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- Juice from 1-2 limes (about 2-3 Tbsp.)
- 1 large ripe avocado
- Salt to taste
- Optional variations: 1/4 tsp. cumin, 1 clove minced garlic, agave to sweeten
- Rinse and drain beans. Dice tomatoes.
- Finely dice red onion. Roughly chop cilantro, stems removed.
- In a medium bowl, add all ingredients except avocado. Toss to combine.
- Adjust seasoning if necessary (more lime juice, salt, etc.)
- When ready to serve, dice avocado. Add to bowl and gently toss.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Enjoying this Black Bean Avocado Edamame Salad? Feel free to also check out the full “Vegan Salad” recipe archives on the site for more fresh plant based inspiration!