Vegan Minestrone Soup packed with a satisfying combination of beans, vegetables, and pasta. An easy, customizable weeknight dinner that's just one pot, 10 ingredients, and 30 minutes! (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free)
Can't beat the classics! This 10-ingredient, 30-minute Vegan Minestrone Soup is super comfy-cozy. I love how it's a beautiful mishmash of so many good things. Vegetables, pasta, and beans all swimming in a thick, tomato-rich broth. Total comfort food!
Plus it's composed of mostly pantry staples that I usually have on hand. So it's a great choice for days I'm not quite sure what to cook.
Ingredients for Minestrone Soup
- Vegetable broth
- Canned diced tomatoes
- Canned tomato sauce
- Kidney beans
- Pasta (I use GF elbow or small shell)
- Green beans (I use frozen)
- Dried basil
Please feel free to put your own spin on this with other vegetables & herbs. It's a versatile recipe depending on your own favorites or what's in season!
Vegan Minestrone Soup
- 1 onion
- 1 medium carrot
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes (I use petite-diced)
- 15 oz. can tomato sauce*
- 15 oz. can kidney beans (or white beans)
- 1 cup elbow or small shell pasta (gluten-free if desired)
- 1 1/2 cups cut green beans (frozen or fresh)
- 1 tsp. dried basil (I often add 1/2 tsp. oregano as well)
- Salt/pepper to taste
For serving (optional):
- Fresh basil or parsley, vegan parmesan, fresh lemon juice
- Dice onion and carrot.
- In a stockpot over med-high heat, sauté onion and carrot for about 7-8 minutes. (I use 3 Tbsp. water/broth for no-oil sauté method, adding more as necessary.)
- Meanwhile, mince garlic.
- When onion is translucent, add garlic and dried basil. Stir and sauté 1 minute.
- Add vegetable broth, diced tomatoes with juice, tomato sauce, and kidney beans (rinsed and drained). Increase heat and bring to a light boil.
- When lightly boiling, add pasta and green beans. Stir.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 10 minutes or until pasta is tender. Salt/pepper to taste.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you're enjoying this easy Vegan Minestrone Soup, also check out:
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make this! (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated - thank you!)