A seasonal Garden Vegetable Soup made with veggies and herbs straight from the garden. Incredibly fresh, versatile, and a beautiful way to enjoy summer produce!
This vibrant, tasty soup was created specifically for summer garden produce.
Using seasonal goodness straight from the garden, you can really taste the freshness of this delightful blend.
It is also a highly versatile recipe, so you can change it up based on your own favorites or what's available. (See notes below the recipe for additional ideas.)
And if you are looking for a protein boost, try adding some white beans, quinoa, or your favorite pasta.
Ingredients for Garden Soup
For this recipe you will need:
- Yellow onion
- Gold potato
- Green beans
- Sweet corn
- Fresh herbs: I use basil and parsley, but use your own favorites.
- White miso: This is optional but recommended.
The finishing touch is adding fresh herbs (and optional miso) which really maximizes the flavor.
For more inspiration, also browse all soup & chili recipes.
Garden Vegetable Soup
- 1 yellow onion
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1 large gold potato (about 1 1/2 cups diced)
- 2 small/medium carrots (or 1 large)
- 1 medium zucchini
- 3-4 tomatoes
- 5 oz. green beans (about 1 heaping cup cut)
- 2 ears sweet corn
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2/3 cup fresh herbs (I use basil + parsley)
Optional but recommended:
- 1 Tbsp. white miso (to stir in at end)
- Prepare vegetables: dice onion, potato, carrot, zucchini and tomato. Trim and cut green beans into about 1-inch pieces. Carefully cut kernels off corn. Mince garlic.
- In a large stockpot over medium-high heat, sauté onion for 6-7 minutes. (I use 3 Tbsp. water/broth for no-oil sauté method.)
- When onion is translucent, add minced garlic and potato. Stir and sauté 1 minute.
- Add broth, carrot, zucchini, tomato, green beans, and corn. Increase heat and bring to a light boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for about 15-20 minutes (or until potato is tender.)
- Meanwhile, roughly chop fresh herbs. Stir in herbs during the last couple minutes of cooking.
- Recommended miso addition: in a small bowl, whisk together miso and 1/4 cup warm water to thin and remove clumps. Add to pot right before serving and stir to combine. (If not using miso, simply salt/pepper to taste as desired.)
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this Garden Vegetable Soup, also feel free to check out: