One pot, 30-minute Kidney Bean, Spinach, Orzo Soup! This cozy meal comes together quick (with lots of pantry staples!) for an easy vegan weeknight meal.
Cozy orzo soup! This simple yet satisfying 10-ingredient, 1 pot, 30-minute soup is made with many easy pantry staples. It's one of those meals I whip together when I haven't been to the store in a while and am low on fresh produce.
Usually my motto is: when in doubt, make soup! This is one of my favorites and so warmly satisfying on a chilly day.
You could easily swap out the spinach for kale or do a combination of both. Soup is super versatile and the addition of leeks and zucchini are a couple of my favorite variations. My 5 year old daughter's analysis? "I like it. The orzo seems pretty good. It's squishy!" (Said while making a squishy hand motion.) Sounds like we've got a real recipe critic on our hands.
If you're looking for more quick and easy inspiration, also check out the 15 Easy Vegan Weeknight Meals.
Kidney Bean, Spinach, & Orzo Soup
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 4 cloves garlic
- 30 oz. caned kidney beans (two 15 oz. cans)
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup orzo* (uncooked)
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- Salt to taste
- Dice onion.
- In a stockpot over medium-high heat, sauté onion for 7-8 minutes. (I use 3 Tbsp. water/broth for no-oil sauté method, adding more as needed.)
- Meanwhile, dice carrot and mince garlic.
- When onion is translucent, add carrots, garlic, basil, and oregano. Stir and sauté 2 minutes.
- Add broth, and tomatoes with juice. Bring to a light boil.
- Rinse and drain beans. Add to pot.
- Add orzo and bring to a simmer. Cover, reduce heat, and cook for about 10-12 minutes, or until orzo is cooked.
- Stir in spinach during the last couple minutes of cooking.
- Salt to taste.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
Enjoying this Kidney Bean Orzo Soup? Feel free to also check out:
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make this! (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated - thank you!)