Cheesy nachos in chickpea form! They’re savory, crunchy, and only five ingredients to achieve that delicious nacho flavor. I recently tried sprinkling nutritional yeast on our roasted chickpeas and YUM – we’re loving the results. Plus they’re great for back-to-school season (hello quick, healthy snacks and lunchbox additions!) Roasted chickpeas are a common request from my 6 year old daughter and they’re so easy to pop in the oven after school. (We also love making a version with cumin, smoked paprika, onion powder, & garlic powder.) Roasted chickpeas are incredibly versatile and you can have fun playing around with our own favorite flavors.
For this recipe, it’s just a few simple spices & cheesy nutritional yeast. Toss it together, and in no time you have flavor-packed little morsels waiting for the oven. They’re great eaten plain as a snack, in salads, rice bowls, burritos, wraps, etc. Hope you enjoy munching on these as much as we do!
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram 🍓 and share a pic if you make or adapt this! I love seeing your recreations!
Cheesy Nacho Roasted Chickpeas
- Two 15 oz. cans garbanzo beans
- 3 Tbsp. nutritional yeast (I use this brand)
- 2 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt (more/less to taste)
- Optional: smoked paprika, chipotle powder for a kick (start small, it’s strong!)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Rinse and drain chickpeas. Lightly pat dry on a towel.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and stir to thoroughly combine.
- Spread out the seasoned chickpeas on a rimmed baking sheet. (Give the pan a little shake, and they’ll naturally spread out.)
- Bake for about 25 minutes (or until desired crispiness) stirring halfway through.