These Cheesy Nacho Roasted Chickpeas only take a couple minutes to prep and are packed with delicious, savory flavor! Perfect for healthy snacks, salads, wraps, etc. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free)
Cheesy nachos… in chickpea form! They’re savory, crunchy, and only five ingredients to achieve that delicious nacho flavor. I recently tried sprinkling nutritional yeast on our roasted chickpeas and YUM – we’re loving the results. Plus they’re great for back-to-school season (hello quick, healthy snacks and lunchbox additions!) Roasted chickpeas are a common request from my 6 year old daughter and they’re so easy to pop in the oven after school. (We also love making a version with cumin, smoked paprika, onion powder, & garlic powder.) Roasted chickpeas are incredibly versatile and you can have fun playing around with our own favorite flavors.
For this recipe, it’s just a few simple spices & cheesy nutritional yeast. Toss it together, and in no time you have flavor-packed little morsels waiting for the oven. They’re great eaten plain as a snack, in salads, rice bowls, burritos, wraps, etc. Hope you enjoy munching on these as much as we do!
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a pic if you make this! I love seeing your recreations.
Cheesy Nacho Roasted Chickpeas
- Two 15 oz. cans garbanzo beans
- 3 Tbsp. nutritional yeast (I use this brand)
- 2 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt (more/less to taste)
- Optional: smoked paprika, chipotle powder for a kick (start small, it’s strong!)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Rinse and drain chickpeas. Lightly pat dry on a towel.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and stir to thoroughly combine.
- Spread out the seasoned chickpeas on a rimmed baking sheet. (Give the pan a little shake, and they’ll naturally spread out.)
- Bake for about 25 minutes (or until desired crispiness) stirring halfway through.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Enjoying these chickpeas? Feel free to also check out the full “Vegan Sides” recipe archives for more plant based inspiration!