These Cheesy Nacho Roasted Chickpeas only take a couple minutes to prepare and are packed with delicious, savory flavor. Perfect for healthy snacks, salads, wraps, etc. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free.)
Cheesy nachos but in chickpea form! They are savory, crunchy, and only five ingredients.
I recently started sprinkling nutritional yeast on our roasted chickpeas and we are loving the results.
Plus these are great for back-to-school season for quick, healthy snacks and lunchbox additions.
Roasted chickpeas are a common request from my daughter. Luckily they are so easy to pop in the oven right after school.
Ingredients for Roasted Chickpeas
For this recipe you will need:
- Nutritional yeast
- Chili powder: I use mild.
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Smoked paprika: Optional, but I love this addition for a little smokiness.
However they are incredibly versatile and you can customize them with your own favorite flavors.
How to Enjoy
These chickpeas are so versatile in how you can enjoy them:
- Salad toppers: They are like flavorful, crunchy croutons!
- Rice bowls
For more inspiration, also browse all chickpea recipes.
Cheesy Nacho Roasted Chickpeas
- 30 oz. garbanzo beans (two 15 oz. cans)
- 3 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 2 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt (more/less to taste)
- Optional: smoked paprika or chipotle powder for a kick (start small, it’s strong!)
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Rinse and drain chickpeas. Lightly pat dry on a towel.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and stir to thoroughly combine.
- Spread out the seasoned chickpeas on a rimmed baking sheet. (Give the pan a little shake, and they’ll naturally spread out.)
- Bake for about 25 minutes (or until desired crispiness) stirring halfway through.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying these cheesy roasted chickpeas, also check out: