A fresh Berry Salad recipe with crunchy maple-vanilla candied nuts! It's topped with a strawberry balsamic dressing that's sweet, tasty, and customizable. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free.)
This bright Berry Salad recipe is so flavorful and delicious!
It combines fresh greens, sweet berries, and naturally-sweetened candied nuts for delightful crunch. Then it's topped with a (simple but tasty) strawberry balsamic dressing.
It's a great side dish for potlucks, BBQs, or simply at-home enjoyment.
Ingredients for Berry Nut Salad
You'll need these ingredients to toss the salad together then drizzle it with dressing:
- Mixed baby greens: Or other salad greens or lettuce of choice such as arugula, baby spinach salad, etc.
- Fresh strawberries
- Fresh blueberries
- Clementine: Or mandarins, oranges, etc.
- Maple-Vanilla Candied Nuts: This gives the salad nice crunch, texture, and added protein. You can make these ahead of time if desired.
- Strawberry Balsamic Dressing: You'll combine this in a small blender. It's made with fresh, ripe strawberries, balsamic vinegar, pure maple syrup, Dijon mustard, salt, and optional poppy seeds.
Fruit: Toss in other fresh berries like fresh raspberries, fresh blackberries, or even pineapple. (You could even substitute raspberries in the dressing to make it a raspberry vinaigrette instead.)
Nuts and seeds: I enjoy this salad with the maple-vanilla candied walnuts, but add any nuts and seeds of your choice such as candied almonds, pecans, sunflower seeds, etc.
Dairy-free cheese: Top your bowl with a sprinkle of vegan feta cheese or vegan goat cheese crumbles if desired.
Change up the dressing! For a different berry flavor, try this Blueberry Salad Dressing instead.
Preparing ahead: If making ahead of time, store salad and dressing separately in airtight containers in the refrigerator. We find it keeps for about 2-3 days.
Berry Crunch Salad with Candied Nuts
- Make the candied nuts. Then make the strawberry balsamic dressing.
- Prepare your salad: Add mixed greens to a plate/bowl. Remove stems from strawberries and slice. Peel clementine and break into single segments. Top salad greens with strawberries, blueberries, and clementine.
- Add candied walnuts, and top with desired amount of dressing.
- If saving leftovers or preparing for later, store salad and dressing separately in the fridge until ready to enjoy.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
Sodium: This is omitted as I cannot provide an accurate number. I encourage you to calculate your own to provide a much more precise reading based on the exact ingredients, brands, and amounts you're using.
If you are enjoying this Berry Crunch Salad with candied nuts and strawberry balsamic dressing, also check out:
- Vegan Italian Pasta Salad (Oil Free)
- Lentil Salad with Capers and Balsamic-Dijon Dressing
- Quinoa Tabbouleh
- Cucumber Salad