A fresh Berry Salad recipe with crunchy maple-vanilla candied nuts! It's topped with a strawberry balsamic dressing that's sweet, tasty, and customizable. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free.)
This bright Berry Salad recipe is so flavorful and delicious!
It combines fresh greens, sweet berries, and naturally-sweetened candied nuts for a delightful crunch.
Then it's topped with a simple but tasty strawberry balsamic dressing.
It's a great side dish for potlucks, BBQs, or simply at-home enjoyment.
Ingredients for Berry Salad
For the salad portion you will toss together:
- Mixed baby greens: Or other salad greens or lettuce of choice such as arugula, baby spinach salad, etc.
- Fresh strawberries
- Fresh blueberries
- Clementine: Or mandarins, oranges, etc.
- Maple-Vanilla Candied Nuts: This gives the salad nice crunch, texture, and added protein. You can make these ahead of time if desired.
Ingredients for Strawberry Dressing
For the dressing you will combine in a small blender:
- Fresh strawberries: Be sure your berries are ripe and flavorful as that can make all the difference. I purchase organic when possible.
- Balsamic vinegar
- Dijon mustard
- A touch of salt: I use fine-grain salt for this recipe.
- Water to thin if desired
- Poppy seeds: These are optional (but recommended!) if you'd like a poppyseed dressing. We will stir or whisk them in after we blend the dressing.
Fruit: Toss in other fresh berries like fresh raspberries, fresh blackberries, or even pineapple. (You could even substitute raspberries in the dressing to make it a raspberry vinaigrette instead.)
Nuts and seeds: I enjoy this salad with the maple-vanilla candied walnuts, but add any nuts and seeds of your choice such as candied almonds, pecans, sunflower seeds, etc.
Dairy-free cheese: Top your bowl with a sprinkle of vegan feta cheese or vegan goat cheese crumbles if desired.
Preparing ahead: If making ahead of time, store salad and dressing separately in airtight containers in the refrigerator. We find it keeps for about 2-3 days.
Berry Crunch Salad with Strawberry-Balsamic Dressing
- 5 oz. mixed baby greens
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 2-3 clementines/mandarins (or 1 large orange)
- 1 cup maple-vanilla candied nuts
- Optional: other nuts/seeds, berries, green onion, avocado, etc.
For the strawberry-balsamic dressing:
- 1 heaping cup fresh strawberries (about 5 oz. de-stemmed)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. water (if needed to thin)
- 1 Tbsp. poppy seeds (optional)
- Meanwhile, make the dressing: Combine all dressing ingredients (except poppy seeds) in a small blender or food processor. Blend well to combine. Stir in poppy seeds after blending, if using.
- Prepare your salad: Add mixed greens to a plate/bowl. Remove stems from strawberries and slice. Peel clementine and break into single segments. Top salad greens with strawberries, blueberries, and clementine.
- Add candied walnuts, and top with desired amount of dressing.
- If saving leftovers or preparing for later, store salad and dressing separately in the fridge until ready to enjoy.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this Berry Crunch Salad with candied nuts and strawberry balsamic dressing, also check out:
- Vegan Italian Pasta Salad (Oil Free)
- Lentil Salad with Capers and Balsamic-Dijon Dressing
- Quinoa Tabbouleh
- Cucumber Salad