Sweet and fresh Berry Crunch Salad with maple-vanilla candied nuts, then topped with an oil-free strawberry balsamic dressing. Tasty and also customizable!
This delightfully sweet berry fruit salad recipe tastes so fresh.
It combines colorful plants and naturally-sweetened candied nuts. Then it is topped with a simple but tasty strawberry balsamic dressing.
The bright flavors make a great side dish for potlucks, BBQs, or simply at-home enjoyment.
Ingredients for Berry Salad
For this recipe you will need:
- Mixed baby greens: Or other salad greens or lettuce of choice such as arugula, baby spinach salad, etc.
- Fresh strawberries
- Fresh blueberries
- Clementine: Or mandarins, oranges, etc.
- Maple-Vanilla Candied Nuts: This gives the salad nice crunch, texture, and added protein. You can make these ahead of time if desired.
Ingredients for Strawberry Dressing
- Fresh strawberries: Be sure they are ripe and flavorful.
- Balsamic vinegar
- Dijon mustard
- A touch of salt: I use fine-grain salt for this recipe.
- Water to thin if desired
- Poppy seeds: Optional, but recommended.
Fruit: Toss in other fresh berries like fresh raspberries, fresh blackberries, or even pineapple. (You could even substitute raspberries in the dressing to make it a raspberry vinaigrette instead.)
Nuts and seeds: I enjoy this salad with the maple-vanilla candied walnuts, but add any nuts and seeds of your choice such as almonds, pecans, sunflower seeds, etc.
Cheese: Top your bowl with a sprinkle of vegan feta or vegan goat cheese crumbles if desired.
This salad is great for seasonal eating in the spring and summertime.
If making ahead of time, store salad and dressing separately in airtight containers in the refrigerator.
We find it keeps for about 2-3 days.
Berry Crunch Salad with Strawberry-Balsamic Dressing
- 5 oz. mixed baby greens
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 2-3 clementines/mandarins (or 1 large orange)
- 1 cup maple-vanilla candied nuts
- Optional: other nuts/seeds, berries, green onion, avocado, etc.
For the Strawberry Balsamic Dressing:
- 1 heaping cup fresh strawberries (about 5 oz. de-stemmed)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. water (if needed to thin)
- 1 Tbsp. poppy seeds (optional)
- Meanwhile, make the dressing: Combine all dressing ingredients (except poppy seeds) in a small blender or food processor. Blend well to combine. Stir in poppy seeds after blending, if using.
- Prepare your salad: Add mixed greens to a plate/bowl. Remove stems from strawberries and slice. Peel clementine and break into single segments. Top salad greens with strawberries, blueberries, and clementine.
- Add candied walnuts, and top with desired amount of dressing.
- If saving leftovers or preparing for later, store salad and dressing separately in the fridge until ready to enjoy.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this Berry Crunch Salad with Strawberry + Balsamic, also check out:
- Vegan Italian Pasta Salad (Oil Free)
- Lentil Salad with Capers and Balsamic-Dijon Dressing
- Quinoa Tabbouleh
- Avocado Corn Salad
- Cucumber Salad