Sweet and fresh Berry Crunch Salad with maple-vanilla candied nuts, then topped with an oil-free strawberry balsamic dressing. Tasty and also customizable!
This delightfully sweet berry salad is so fresh.
It combines a colorful medley of plants, naturally sweetened candied nuts, and then is topped with a simple but tasty strawberry-balsamic dressing.
Ingredients for Berry Salad
- Mixed baby greens: Or other salad greens of choice.
- Clementine: Or mandarins, oranges, etc.
- Maple-Vanilla Candied Nuts: Make ahead of time if desired.
Ingredients for Strawberry Dressing
- Strawberries: Be sure they are ripe and fresh.
- Balsamic vinegar
- Dijon mustard
- A touch of salt
- Water to thin if desired
- Poppy seeds: Optional, but recommended.
This salad is great for seasonal eating in the spring and summertime.
Plus you can customize it as you see fit with your own favorite berries. Or also any nuts and seeds of your choice.
Berry Crunch Salad with Strawberry-Balsamic Dressing
- 5 oz. mixed baby greens
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 2-3 clementines/mandarins (or 1 large orange)
- 1 cup maple-vanilla candied nuts
- Optional: other nuts/seeds, berries, green onion, avocado, etc.
For the Strawberry Balsamic Dressing:
- 1 heaping cup fresh strawberries (about 5 oz. de-stemmed)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. water (if needed to thin)
- 1 Tbsp. poppy seeds (optional)
- Meanwhile, make the dressing: combine all dressing ingredients (except poppy seeds) in a small blender or food processor. Blend well to combine. Stir in poppy seeds after blending if using.
- Prepare your salad: add mixed greens to a plate/bowl. Remove stems from strawberries and slice. Peel clementines and break into single segments. Top salad greens with strawberries, blueberries, and clementines.
- Add candied walnuts, and top with desired amount of dressing.
- If saving leftovers or preparing for later, store salad and dressing separately in the fridge until ready to enjoy.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this Berry Salad, also check out:
- Vegan Italian Pasta Salad (Oil Free)
- Lentil Salad with Capers and Balsamic-Dijon Dressing
- Quinoa Tabbouleh
- Summer Blast Salad with Avocado
- Cucumber Salad