Quick and easy fiesta bean salad with cumin-lime dressing! This recipe is fresh, healthy, and made with both black beans and chickpeas. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free option.)
This easy, satisfying Fiesta Bean Salad is so hearty and delicious.
Chickpeas and black beans are two of my favorites, so I love them both joining forces in the same dish.
Beans are full of fiber and protein, so this dish seems to keep me pleasantly satisfied.
Plus it is topped off with a simple but tasty cumin-lime dressing, and creamy avocado and tomatoes.
Ingredients for Fiesta Bean Salad
For this recipe you will need:
- Chickpea (garbanzo beans)
- Black beans
- Roma tomatoes: Or substitute cherry or grape tomatoes for a richer, sweeter tomato flavor.
- Red onion: Or use green onion (scallion) for a milder taste.
- Fresh cilantro
- Lime juice
- Ground cumin
This easy dish makes a great choice for make-ahead packed lunches, BBQ's, picnics, and potlucks as well. It is also a great chip dip!
Fiesta Bean Salad
- 15 oz. can garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 3 roma tomatoes
- 1/2 small red onion (less to taste)
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- 1 avocado
- Optional: bell pepper, jalapeno, corn, etc.
For the cumin-lime dressing:
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 1-2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Make the dressing: in a small bowl, add all ingredients and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Rinse and drain beans. Add to a medium bowl.
- Dice tomatoes, roughly chop cilantro, and finely dice red onion. Add to the beans.
- Pour dressing over bean mixture and stir.
- Peel and dice avocado. Add it to the salad and lightly toss to combine.
- Can serve immediately or chill for at least an hour. (If not serving immediately, you can add the avocado right before serving to prevent it from browning if you wish.)
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this bean salad with cumin dressing, also check out: