Easy, satisfying fiesta bean salad with cumin-lime dressing! Fresh, healthy, and made with two delicious varieties of beans. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free option)
This easy, satisfying Fiesta Bean Salad is so hearty and delicious. Garbanzos and black beans are two of my favorites, so I love them both joining forces in the same dish.
Beans are full of fiber and protein, so this dish always seems to keep me feeling pleasantly satisfied. Plus it's topped off with a simple but tasty cumin-lime dressing, and creamy avocado and tomatoes.
Ingredients for Fiesta Bean Salad
For this recipe you'll need:
- Garbanzo beans
- Black beans
- Roma tomatoes
- Red onion
- Fresh cilantro
- Lime juice
- Ground cumin
Plus, this easy dish makes a great choice for make-ahead packed lunches and BBQ's, picnics, and potlucks as well. It's also a great chip dip!
Fiesta Bean Salad
- 15 oz. can garbanzo beans
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 3 roma tomatoes
- 1/2 small red onion (less to taste)
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- 1 avocado
- Optional: bell pepper, jalapeno, corn, etc.
For the cumin-lime dressing:
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 1-2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Make the dressing: in a small bowl, add all ingredients and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Rinse and drain beans. Add to a medium bowl.
- Dice tomatoes, roughly chop cilantro, and finely dice red onion. Add to the beans.
- Pour dressing over bean mixture and stir.
- Peel and dice avocado. Add it to the salad and lightly toss to combine.
- Can serve immediately or chill for at least an hour. (If not serving immediately, you can add the avocado right before serving to prevent it from browning if you wish.)
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you're enjoying this bean salad, also check out:
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make or adapt this recipe! (Also please leave a review and star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated - thank you!)