Quick and easy Black Bean Tacos topped with a flavorful creamy avocado cilantro-lime sauce. Simple to make, so satisfying, and great for lunch or dinner!
These easy black bean tacos are such a quick and easy lunch or dinner.
The black bean mixture is made in just 5 minutes with black beans, salsa, and cumin.
So simple yet satisfying and flavorful.
This recipe is adapted from my Black Bean Lentil Tacos that we enjoy so much. (But these are made even faster since there are no lentils to cook!)
For the taco portion you will need:
- Black beans
- Salsa: I use homemade restaurant-style salsa.
- Ground cumin
- Chili powder: I use mild.
- Corn tortillas: Or other tortilla of choice.
- Toppings of choice such as: lettuce, tomato, onion, vegan cheese, avocado or guacamole, etc.
You can even sauté diced onion and garlic before adding the black beans for more flavor. Or if you like a smoky kick, chipotle is great.
Ingredients for Sauce
For the creamy avocado cilantro-lime sauce you will need:
- Fresh cilantro
- Lime juice
- Olive oil: Or substitute water for oil-free.
- Agave: Or other sweetener.
Black Bean Tacos with Avocado Cilantro-Lime Sauce
- 30 oz. canned black beans (two 15 oz. cans)
- 1 cup salsa (I use homemade blender salsa)
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 8 small corn tortillas
Toppings of Choice:
- Lettuce, tomato, onion, corn, avocado, cilantro, vegan cheese, etc.
For the Creamy Avocado Sauce:
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 3/4 cup cilantro (large stems removed)
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil (or water for oil-free)
- 1 tsp. agave (or other sweetener)
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Make the avocado sauce: in a food processor or blender, add all sauce ingredients and blend. Add a touch of water to thin if necessary, and tweak seasonings as desired. Set aside, or refrigerate if making ahead of time.
- In a pan over medium heat, add black beans (rinsed and drained), salsa, cumin, and chili powder. Heat for about 5 minutes stirring occasionally, until heated through. (Optional: slightly mash beans after heating for a creamier filling.)
- While the beans are heating, chop and prepare your toppings. Warm the tortillas if desired.
- Assemble the tacos: spoon the black bean mixture in the center of the tortillas, spoon a small amount of avocado sauce over the top, and add your toppings.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying these tacos, also check out: