These thick and sticky vegan Hoisin Peanut Ramen Noodles are quick and easy to prepare! Flavorful, simple to customize, and so satisfying. (Gluten-free option.)
These thick and sticky hoisin noodles are a simple but flavorful meal.
They are easy to assemble and also customize if desired.
Plus they come together in just 15 minutes!
Ingredients for Hoisin Noodles
For this recipe you will combine in a pan or wok:
- Rice noodles: I use 3 ramen cakes. My favorite is Lotus Foods "Millet & Brown Rice" ramen noodles. Or simply use 8 oz. of your favorite rice noodles. (Or you can substitute udon noodles, fresh noodles, etc.)
- Green onion (scallion)
- Sesame seeds
- Hoisin sauce: Be sure to use one you enjoy as it is most of the flavor in this dish.
- Peanut butter: Creamy and natural.
- Pure maple syrup: I use this as a natural sweetener, but feel free to use your own favorite sweetener.
- Garlic cloves
You can also include sesame oil, soy sauce or tamari, or rice vinegar if desired.
Play around to find your favorite flavors and variations. A few suggestions include:
- Ginger: Add freshly grated ginger to the sauce.
- Nuts: Top with crushed peanuts or cashews for crunch.
- Fresh herbs: Garnish your bowl with freshly chopped cilantro before serving.
- Make it spicy: Add sriracha or a pinch of red pepper flakes to taste.
- Add a protein: Serve it with Baked Tofu or your own favorite tofu or tempeh. Or your favorite vegan chicken or beef.
- Vegetables: Serve with sautéed veggies on the side such as shredded carrot, snow peas, cabbage, mung bean sprouts, etc.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. We find they keep for about 2-3 days.
Note: The noodles will thicken and become sticky as they sit. If reheating leftovers in the microwave, I add a splash of water to help rehydrate.
For more inspiration, browse all main dish recipes.
Hoisin Peanut Noodles
- 8 oz. rice noodles (I use 3 ramen cakes*)
- 2 green onions
- 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- Optional for serving: fresh cilantro, peanuts, cashews, etc.
For the hoisin-peanut sauce:
- 3 Tbsp. hoisin sauce (gluten-free if desired**)
- 1 Tbsp. peanut butter (creamy, natural)
- 1 tsp. pure maple syrup
- 1-2 Tbsp. water (to thin)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Optional: freshly grated ginger
- Cook noodles according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice green onions. Set aside.
- Make the sauce: In a medium bowl, add all sauce ingredients and whisk until smooth and peanut butter is combined.
- When noodles are cooked, drain, and immediately add hot noodles to sauce. Add green onions. Gently toss to combine. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with fresh cilantro, cashews, peanuts, or a splash of tamari if desired.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying these vegan Hoisin Peanut Ramen Noodles, also check out:
- Vegetable Lo Mein (30 Minute)
- Hoisin-Orange Roasted Green Beans
- Carrot Ginger Miso Dressing
- Teriyaki Vegetable Stir-Fry