Our family goes wild for these easy miso-glazed green beans! A perfect summer side dish, and packed with tons of delicious sweet and savory flavor. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free.)
Our family goes wild for these simple miso-glazed green beans that are packed with delicious sweet and savory flavor.
And they only take 15 minutes to make, with very simple preparation!
It is a fantastic choice for a summer side dish (with fresh garden green beans) or even a flavorful addition to your holiday table in the winter.
They are a great alternative to these Almond-Garlic Green Beans we love as well.
Ingredients for Miso Green Beans
For this recipe you will need:
- Fresh green beans
- Sesame seeds
- White miso
- Fresh lemon juice
- Tamari: Or soy sauce.
- Agave: Or other sweetener of choice.
- Warm water
I prefer to steam my green beans as noted below (to help retain nutrients).
However feel free to use your own favorite method of cooking.
For more inspiration, browse all side dish recipes.
Miso-Glazed Green Beans
- 1 lb. fresh green beans
- 2 tsp. sesame seeds (more as desired)
For the miso glaze:
- 1 1/3 Tbsp. white miso (1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp.)
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. tamari
- 2 tsp. agave (more/less to taste)
- 1 Tbsp. warm water to thin
- Trim ends off green beans and rinse.
- Place a large skillet (with lid), over medium-high heat, and add 1/2 cup water or vegetable broth. (*Or use your own favorite method of cooking green beans.)
- Once water/broth is hot, carefully add green beans and cover with lid. Steam for about 4-5 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender.
- While green beans are cooking, prepare the miso glaze: add all glaze ingredients to a medium bowl. Whisk to combine until miso clumps are dissolved. (It may take a minute!) Add a touch more water if needed to help thin.
- When green beans are crisp-tender, drain, and immediately add them to the bowl with miso glaze. Add sesame seeds. Toss well to thoroughly combine. Drizzle any remaining glaze over the top before serving.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying these Miso Glazed Green Beans, also check out: