Satisfying Roasted Vegetable Orzo tossed in a garlic-balsamic vinaigrette! Easy to customize, full of flavor, and great for packed lunches, picnics, potlucks, etc.
This recipe combines roasted vegetables and orzo, and is then tossed with a quick and easy garlic-balsamic-herb dressing.
It is only 9 simple ingredients, but filled with beautiful colors, flavors, and textures galore.
Plus it is an easy recipe to modify based on your own favorites (or whatever is in season).
Ingredients for Vegetable Orzo
For this recipe you will need:
- Bell pepper
- Mushroom: I use cremini, but use your own favorite.
- Orzo pasta
- Roma tomatoes: Or cherry/grape tomatoes.
- Balsamic vinegar
- Dried basil
You can also try it with eggplant, asparagus, or fresh herbs.
Or include vegan feta or olives for a tangy, salty pop of flavor.
This dish is not only versatile in ingredients, but flexible in serving and usage too.
You can either serve it right away while it is warm, or chill in the fridge for later.
It is also a great make-ahead meal to enjoy for packed lunches, picnics, potlucks, BBQs, other gatherings, etc.
For more inspiration, browse all orzo recipes.
Roasted Vegetable Orzo with Garlic-Balsamic
- 1 medium zucchini
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 small onion (or 1/2 large)
- 8 oz. mushrooms
- 1 cup orzo pasta (uncooked)
- 3 roma tomatoes (or cherry/grape tomatoes)
For the garlic-balsamic dressing:
- 3 1/2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1/4 tsp. salt (more to taste)
- Fresh parsley, basil, chives, vegan feta, olives
- Preheat oven to 425°F (218°C).
- Line a rimmed baking pan with parchment paper (or Silpat).
- Dice zucchini, onion, and bell peppers (cored) into small, bite-sized pieces. Halve/quarter mushrooms.
- Place them all on the baking pan and salt if desired. Bake for about 30-40 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Meanwhile, cook orzo according to package instructions. (I simmer mine about 8-12 minutes or until tender.)
- While orzo is cooking, make the dressing: mince garlic, and add all ingredients to a small bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Dice tomatoes and place in a large bowl.
- When orzo is finished cooking, drain and place in large bowl with the tomatoes.
- Immediately add the dressing and toss to combine.
- When vegetables are done roasting, add to bowl and stir.
- Salt to taste (or add more vinegar if desired.) Serve warm immediately or chilled.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this Roasted Vegetable Orzo, also check out:
- Roasted Vegetables and Chickpeas
- Vegan Creamy Garlic Pasta
- Roasted Vegetable Pasta
- Lemon Garlic Orzo with Asparagus