I did some experimenting and came up with this deliciously tangy-sweet blueberry dressing with basil undertones. Plus the rich color is so wonderful and inviting – I love it! Drizzling it over a simple spinach salad is all it needs to really shine. Feel free to add other nuts, berries, or some thinly sliced onion if you prefer. Enjoy!
Blueberry Basil Dressing on Spinach Salad
For the Salad
- Baby spinach
- Blueberries (or other berries)
- Walnuts (or toasted almonds, maple-vanilla candied nuts, etc.)
For the Blueberry-Basil Dressing
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/8 cup fresh basil (chopped)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil (omit for oil-free, replacing with water as needed)
- 1/2 tsp. agave
- Pinch of salt
- In a blender or food processor, add all dressing ingredients and blend until relatively smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary. (Salt/pepper if needed, more agave for sweetness, more vinegar for tang, etc.)
- Assemble salad on a plate, and drizzle desired amount of dressing on top.