Sweet & tangy Blueberry Dressing with Basil! This fruity, berry dressing is sure to shake up your salad game in a fun, new way. (Vegan, gluten-free)
I was harvesting my wildly growing basil plant, trying to come up with new ways to use it, and recalled the small mountain of blueberries stashed in the fridge. Blueberries and basil together? Yes!
I experimented and came up with this deliciously tangy-sweet blueberry dressing with basil undertones. Plus the rich color is so wonderful and inviting – I love it! Drizzling it over a simple spinach salad is all it needs to really shine. Feel free to add other nuts, berries, or some thinly sliced onion if you prefer. Enjoy!
And if you’re looking for more salad inspiration, check out a few more of our favorites:
Carrot Ginger Miso Dressing (Oil-Free)
Black Bean Avocado Edamame Salad
Marinated Kale Salad
Southwestern Chopped Salad with Cilantro-Lime Dressing
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a pic if you make or adapt this! I love seeing your beautiful recreations. (Or leave a review/star rating below if you give it a try – your feedback is very appreciated!)
Blueberry Basil Salad Dressing
For the Salad:
- Baby spinach
- Blueberries (or other berries)
- Walnuts (or toasted almonds, maple-vanilla candied nuts, etc.)
For the Blueberry Basil Dressing:
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/8 cup fresh basil (chopped)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil (omit for oil-free, replacing with water as needed)
- 1/2 tsp. agave
- Pinch of salt
- In a blender or food processor, add all dressing ingredients and blend until relatively smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary. (Salt/pepper if needed, more agave for sweetness, more vinegar for tang, etc.)
- Assemble salad on a plate, and drizzle desired amount of dressing on top.