One-pan vegetables and chickpeas roasted to perfection! Easy, healthy, customizable, and so delicious! (Vegan, gluten-free)
What’s even better is how customizable it is. You don’t have to stay strict to the recipe and quantities below. Use your own favorite vegetables and change it up how you see fit. The recipe makes about 8 side-dish servings, but I really think it’s the star of the show so we usually eat it as a main dish.
Roasted Vegetables and Chickpeas
- 15 oz. can chickpeas
- 2 carrots
- 4 medium potatoes (about 1 lb. - I love yukon gold)
- 1/2 head cauliflower
- 1 small head broccoli
- 1 small red onion
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms (about 4-6 oz.)
- 5-6 cloves garlic
- 1-2 tsp. dried basil (or other herb of choice)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil (*optional)
- 1/4 tsp. salt (more to taste)
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Prep the vegetables: mince garlic, dice carrots and potatoes, chop broccoli and cauliflower into bite-sized pieces, halve/quarter the mushrooms, and slice the onion.
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas.
- On a large baking sheet (use two if you’d like to space them out more), place all the vegetables and chickpeas. Drizzle them with olive oil* and toss to coat. Add salt and basil, and toss again.
- Place in the oven and roast for 40-45 minutes, stirring halfway through.