Sheet pan vegetables and chickpeas roasted to perfection! Easy, healthy, customizable, and so delicious! (Vegan, gluten-free)
This is chilly weather comfort food at it’s finest. A big ‘ol happy pan of your favorite veggies roasted to perfection. Then taken to the next level by inviting chickpeas to the party! It’s tough to express how much I love this one-pan wonder. And it’s so EASY to toss together.
What’s even better is how customizable it is. You don’t have to stay strict to the recipe and quantities below. Use your own favorite vegetables and change it up how you see fit. The recipe makes about 8 side dish servings. But I really think it’s the star of the show so we usually eat it as a main dish. (If you’re looking for more roasted veggie goodness, we also love this Roasted Vegetable Orzo with Garlic and Balsamic.) Hope you enjoy as well!
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a pic if you make or adapt this! I love seeing your beautiful recreations. (Or leave a star rating below if you give it a try – your feedback is very appreciated!)
Roasted Vegetables and Chickpeas
- 15 oz. can chickpeas
- 2 carrots
- 4 medium potatoes (about 1 lb. – I love yukon gold)
- 1/2 head cauliflower
- 1 small head broccoli
- 1 small red onion
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms (about 4-6 oz.)
- 5-6 cloves garlic
- 1-2 tsp. dried basil (or other herb of choice)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil (*optional)
- 1/4 tsp. salt (more to taste)
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Prep the vegetables: mince garlic, dice carrots and potatoes, chop broccoli and cauliflower into bite-sized pieces, halve/quarter the mushrooms, and slice the onion.
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas.
- On a large baking sheet (use two if you’d like to space them out more), place all the vegetables and chickpeas. Drizzle them with olive oil* and toss to coat. Add salt and basil, and toss again.
- Place in the oven and roast for 40-45 minutes, stirring halfway through.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Enjoying these Sheet Pan Vegetables? Feel free to also check out the full “Vegan Sides” recipe archives on the site for more plant based inspiration!