This easy, healthy Greek-inspired Farro Salad is just 10 ingredients and 35 minutes to make! Vegan, oil-free, and great made-ahead for picnics, potlucks, packed lunches, etc.
My 5 year old daughter has been all about the farro lately. The first time she took a bite, her eyes lit up and she said, “ooh, it’s so fun to eat!”
I totally agree – farro has such a unique, chewy texture. I often just cook a batch for her in vegetable broth and she’ll eat it plain.
But I quickly realized I have no farro recipes on the blog and needed to change that. So I adapted this recipe from my Greek Chopped Salad which I love so much.
Plus it only takes 10 fresh, healthy ingredients and 35 minutes to make. So it’s a great choice for packed lunches, picnics, potlucks, or simply a make-ahead meal to keep in the fridge for the week. (And if you’re an olive lover, they’re fantastic in this!)
Greek Farro Salad
- 1 cup farro (uncooked)
- 6-8 oz. grape tomatoes
- 1 large hothouse cucumber
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 small red onion (sub shallot or green onion for milder flavor)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- Optional: olives, garbanzo beans
For the oil-free tangy Greek dressing:
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2-3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp. salt (more to taste)
- Cook farro: rinse well and add to a small pot with 2 cups water. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to med-low and simmer for 25 minutes or until desired tenderness. Drain.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing: mince garlic and combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Halve tomatoes, finely dice red onion, and dice cucumber and bell pepper. Roughly chop parsley. Place in a large bowl.
- Add drained farro, dressing, and stir to combine.
- Great served immediately. (Or even better after it sits covered in the fridge for an hour! Just give it a stir before serving as the dressing settles at the bottom.)
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you’re enjoying this Vegan Greek Farro Salad, also check out:
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make this! (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated – thank you!)