This easy vegan Greek-inspired Farro Salad is just 10 ingredients and 35 minutes to prepare! So fresh and great made-ahead for picnics, potlucks, packed lunches, etc.
This Greek-inspired farro salad is easy to prepare and is full of fresh, healthy ingredients.
Farro has such a unique, chewy texture which works perfectly in this salad.
Plus it only takes 10 simple ingredients and 35 minutes to make.
So it is a great choice for packed lunches, picnics, potlucks, or simply a make-ahead meal to keep in the fridge for the week.
Ingredients for Farro Salad
For this recipe you will need:
- Grape or cherry tomatoes
- Cucumber: I use English/hothouse cucumber because they are more flavorful. However regular seedless garden cucumbers work too.
- Red bell pepper
- Red onion
- Fresh parsley
- Red wine vinegar
- Fresh lemon juice
- Dried oregano
Kalamata olives, vegan feta crumbles, and garbanzo beans are also great additions.
For more inspiration, browse all oil-free recipes.
Greek Farro Salad
- 1 cup farro (uncooked)
- 6-8 oz. grape tomatoes
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 small red onion (sub shallot or green onion for milder flavor)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- Optional: olives, garbanzo beans, vegan feta crumbles
For the oil-free tangy Greek dressing:
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2-3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp. salt (more to taste)
- Cook farro: rinse well and add to a small pot with 2 cups water. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to med-low and simmer for 25 minutes or until desired tenderness. Drain.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing: mince garlic and combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Halve tomatoes, finely dice red onion, and dice cucumber and bell pepper. Roughly chop parsley. Place in a large bowl.
- Add drained farro, dressing, and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately or chill covered in the fridge for an hour to further combine. (Stir before serving as some dressing will settle at the bottom.)
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this Vegan Greek Farro Salad, also check out:
- Berry Crunch Salad with Strawberry-Balsamic Dressing
- Ultimate Greek Chopped Salad
- White Bean Salad (10 Minute)
- Vegan Taco Salad with Creamy Southwestern Dressing