Luxurious, chocolatey Chunky Monkey Vegan Protein Smoothie! Naturally sweetened and packs 20 grams of plant protein… with NO protein powders!
This quick & easy vegan protein smoothie is super luxurious, chocolatey, and packs a serious protein punch. Without the use of protein powder! One cup soy milk and 2 Tbsp. peanut butter have about 8 grams of protein each. Then the antioxidant-rich cacao powder adds another 3 grams. Even the banana adds about a gram, which brings the total to 20g. I love the sustaining energy! (Not to mention it’s pretty healthy but tastes like an indulgent treat.)
Studies show raw cacao (pronounced “ca-COW”) is an antioxidant powerhouse. Plus it’s rich in iron, magnesium, calcium, and is also a natural mood elevator. This smoothie is great as a quick breakfast, mid-day boost, post-workout, or smoothie bowl with all the toppings! We love ours with a little vanilla and almond extract. Hope you enjoy as well!
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a photo if you make this! I love seeing your recreations. (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try – your feedback is always greatly appreciated. Thank you!)
Chunky Monkey Protein Smoothie
- 1 cup organic soy milk
- 1 very ripe banana (frozen if possible)
- 2 Tbsp. peanut butter (creamy, natural)
- 2 Tbsp. cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup (or dates or other sweetener)
- Optional: 1 tsp. vanilla extract, 1/8 tsp. almond extract, 1 tsp. maca powder, ice cubes
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
- Taste and adjust if necessary.
- Drink as is, or sprinkle with cacao nibs, etc.
- Make a smoothie bowl topped with peanut butter granola, coconut flakes, banana slices, or even some fluffy coco whip.