Raw cacao (pronounced “ca-COW”) is shown to be an antioxidant powerhouse, rich in iron, magnesium, calcium, and a natural mood elevator. (This is the organic cacao powder we use if you’re interested.) It’s great as a quick breakfast, mid-day boost, post-workout, or smoothie bowl with all the toppings! We love ours with a little vanilla and almond extract, but that’s totally optional.
Chunky Monkey Protein Smoothie
- 1 cup organic soy milk
- 1 very ripe banana (frozen if possible)
- 2 Tbsp. peanut butter (creamy, natural)
- 2 Tbsp. cacao powder (I use this brand)
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup (or dates or other sweetener)
- Optional: 1 tsp. vanilla extract, 1/8 tsp. almond extract, 1 tsp. maca powder, ice cubes
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
- Taste and adjust if necessary.