A simple but elegant side dish that is ready in 15 minutes! These easy Garlic Almond Green Beans with tamari glaze is one of our favorite ways to enjoy green beans. Plus they make a wonderful Thanksgiving and holiday side dish.
These almond garlic green beans are such an easy, flavorful side dish.
They are a great choice for Thanksgiving and holidays because they are just as tasty when served at room temperature.
You can quickly toss them together on the stove, then set aside while you assemble your other dishes.
Plus they come together in just 15 minutes. The salty, savory tamari sauce is a beautiful pairing with the tender green beans and crunchy almonds (and flavorful garlic bits).
Ingredients for Garlic Green Beans
For this recipe you will need just a few simple ingredients:
- Fresh green beans
- Vegetable broth
- Tamari: Or soy sauce.
- Sliced almonds or almond slivers
For more inspiration, browse all gluten-free recipes.
Almond-Garlic Green Beans
- 12 oz. fresh green beans
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds (or almond slivers)
- Trim ends off green beans. Mince garlic.
- In a skillet over med-high heat, add vegetable broth and bring to a light simmer.
- Once simmering, add green beans. Cover and let steam for about 3 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and stir with tongs to combine. Re-cover and let cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce heat and add tamari. Stir well and cook for 1 more minute (or until desired tenderness).
- Taste and add more tamari or salt/pepper if desired.
- Transfer to a serving dish (be sure to include the tiny but flavorful garlic bits!)
- Sprinkle with almonds and serve.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying these almond green beans, also check out: