These tasty Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Balls are a fun way to include some healthy oats, nuts, and seeds in your diet while also treating your sweet tooth! Great for snacking and dessert.
These Chocolate Oat Balls are a fun way to include some oats, nuts, and seeds in your diet while treating your sweet tooth.
Plus they're made quick and easy on the stovetop with only a few minutes of preparation time.
Ingredients for Chocolate Oat Balls
For this recipe you will need:
- Natural peanut butter (I use creamy)
- Vegan chocolate chips
- Rolled oats
- Pure maple syrup (or agave)
- Ground flax seed
- Sunflower seeds
I enjoy them for quick snacks and dessert because they don't leave me feeling heavy and full, and provide a nice energy boost.
For a peanut-free version, you can try substituting the peanut butter with almond butter or other favorite nut butter. (Though I haven't tried this personally.)
Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Balls
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter, creamy
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (GF if desired)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup (or agave, etc.)
- 1/4 cup almonds, crushed
- 1/8 cup ground flax seed
- 1/8 cup sunflower seeds
- In a small pan over medium heat, add peanut butter and maple syrup. Stir and let heat for a few minutes until creamy and melted.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Stir with spatula for 1-2 minutes to combine until chocolate thoroughly melts.
- Remove from heat and let the mixture sit in the pan for about 10 minutes to cool.
- When it cools enough to touch, mold into balls. (They'll harden further as they sit.) We store ours in an airtight container in the fridge.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying these Vegan Chocolate Oat Balls, also browse all dessert recipes or check out:
Please leave a review and rating if you make or adapt this recipe. Your feedback is always very appreciated. Thank you!
Follow The Garden Grazer on Instagram, Pinterest, or RSS for more updates and inspiration.