These tasty vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Balls are a fun way to include some healthy oats, nuts, and seeds in your diet while also treating your sweet tooth! Great for snacking and dessert.
These Chocolate Oat Balls are a fun way to include some oats, nuts, and seeds in your diet while treating your sweet tooth.
Plus they are made quick and easy on the stovetop with only a few minutes of preparation time.
Ingredients for Chocolate Oat Balls
For this recipe you will need:
- Peanut butter: I use creamy and natural peanut butter. Or simply substitute your favorite nut butter such as almond butter, sun butter etc.
- Vegan chocolate chips
- Old-fashioned rolled oats: Be sure to use gluten-free if needed.
- Pure maple syrup: This is a great natural sweetener with delicious flavor. However you could substitute agave if desired.
- Almonds: I use raw, unsalted almonds since that's usually what I have on hand.
- Ground flax seed: I use golden flax.
- Sunflower seeds
I enjoy these oat balls for quick snacks and dessert because they don't leave me feeling heavy and full. Plus they provide a nice energy boost.
For a peanut-free version: Substitute the peanut butter with almond butter or other favorite nut butter. (Though I haven't tried this personally.)
We store ours in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about 7 days. (But they never seem to last that long!)
For more inspiration, also browse all dessert recipes.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Balls
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (creamy & natural)
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (GF if desired)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup (or agave, etc.)
- 1/4 cup almonds, crushed
- 1/8 cup ground flax seed
- 1/8 cup sunflower seeds
- In a small pan over medium heat, add peanut butter and maple syrup. Stir and let heat for a few minutes until creamy and melted.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Stir with spatula for 1-2 minutes to combine until chocolate thoroughly melts.
- Remove from heat and let the mixture sit in the pan for about 10 minutes to cool.
- When it cools enough to touch, mold into balls. (They'll harden further as they sit.) We store ours in an airtight container in the fridge.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying these vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Balls, also check out:
- Chocolate Cherry Almond Smoothie
- Healthy Vegan Chocolate Milkshake
- Vegan Cookie Dough Bites
- Chocolate Chip Banana Oat Cookies