Quick and easy (5 minute!) blender black bean dip with creamy avocado and flavorful spices. A great dip or side dish for parties, holidays, snacking, picnics, and more.
This healthy, satisfying black bean bean dip is a good source of fiber, protein and other plant-based nutrients.
Plus it is quick and easy to prepare. It only takes 5 minutes!
Blending avocado with black beans results in a dip that is so creamy and luscious.
It is perfect for scooping up with your favorite chips!
Ingredients for Black Bean Avocado Dip
For this recipe you will need:
- Black beans: You will need one 15 ounce can of black beans for this recipe. But if you prefer to use freshly cooked beans, you will need about 1 1/2 cups.
- Salsa: I like our homemade Restaurant-Style Blender Salsa, but use your own favorite.
- Garlic clove
- Ground cumin: I also like adding a little smoked paprika in addition to the cumin.
- Water to thin
Change it up with the spices and additions you enjoy however. A few ideas include:
Make it spicy: Add cayenne pepper, chipotle in adobo sauce, jalapeno, or chili powder to taste.
Make it cheesy: Add a little nutritional yeast for savory, cheesy flavor.
Cilantro-lime version: Fresh cilantro and lime juice are tasty additions as well.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. We find they keep for about 2-3 days.
Creamy Black Bean Avocado Dip
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup salsa (I use blender salsa)
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp. salt (more to taste)
Other additions (optional):
- Nutritional yeast, chipotle, fresh cilantro, lime juice, jalapeño, cayenne pepper, etc.
- Rinse and drain black beans. Set aside about 1/2 cup of the beans.
- Place remaining beans and all other ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Blend until it reaches desired texture.* Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Place in a bowl and stir in the remaining black beans.
- Garnish with cilantro, nutritional yeast, etc. if you wish. Great served warm, cold, or room temperature.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this creamy black bean dip, also feel free to check out: