Savory, protein-packed Vegan Green Enchiladas! An easy, satisfying weeknight meal made with hearty white beans, edamame, and sweet corn, then topped with beautiful salsa verde.
These Vegan Green Enchiladas are somewhat of an unconventional twist on enchiladas, but we find them to be so delicious! They are pleasantly satisfying plus easy to prepare for lunch or dinner.
Edamame, cannellini beans, and sweet corn join together for the protein-packed filling. Then they are rolled up and topped with salsa verde before baking.
Ingredients for Green Enchiladas
For this recipe you will need:
- Yellow onion
- Diced green chiles: These usually come in a small 4 oz. can. Use mild or medium as preferred.
- Shelled edamame
- Sweet corn: Fresh, frozen, canned, fire-roasted, etc.
- Cannellini beans: Or substitute another white bean like Great Northern.
- Ground cumin
- Fresh baby spinach
- Salsa verde: Also known as tomatillo salsa.
- Large tortillas: Use gluten-free if desired. You can also make a stacked casserole-style version with corn tortillas.
If you are not a fan of edamame (or can't find it) simply substitute with an additional can of white beans.
Also be mindful about the level of spiciness you prefer. I use mild green chiles and mild salsa verde. But you can spice it up by using medium or by adding vegan pepper jack cheese.
Vegan Green Enchiladas with White Beans
- 1 yellow onion
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 4 oz. diced green chiles (I use mild)
- 2 cups shelled edamame (10 oz. frozen bag, shelled)
- 1 cup sweet corn (frozen, canned, or freshly cooked)
- 15 oz. can cannellini beans
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 16 oz. salsa verde/tomatillo salsa (I use mild)
- 8 large tortillas* (gluten-free if desired)
- Vegan shredded cheese, nutritional yeast, and/or sliced vegan pepper jack cheese
- Fresh cilantro, avocado for serving
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Dice onion.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté onion 7-8 minutes. (I use 3 Tbsp. water/veggie broth for no-oil sauté method, adding more liquid as needed.)
- Meanwhile, mince garlic. When onions are translucent, add garlic, cumin, and green chiles. Stir and sauté 2 minutes.
- Add corn and shelled edamame (can use frozen of each - no need to thaw first). Stir and sauté another 2 minutes.
- Add white beans (rinsed and drained) and roughly chopped spinach. Stir to combine and turn off stove.
- Distribute the bean mixture evenly down the center of each tortilla. Top with a sprinkle of vegan shredded cheese or nutritional yeast (optional). Then roll up tightly, tucking in both ends.
- Place enchiladas seam side down in a 9×13" pan. Evenly coat the top with salsa verde.
- Place in oven and bake for 25 minutes. (If using vegan pepper jack cheese, place slices on top of enchiladas during last 10-15 minutes of cooking.) Add any desired toppings before serving.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying these Vegan Green Enchiladas, also browse more white bean recipes or check out:
- Black Bean Spinach Enchiladas
- Protein Monster Vegan Enchiladas
- Homemade Enchilada Sauce
- Easy Vegan Bean Enchiladas