Vegan "veggie supreme" Pizza Quinoa Casserole! This dish combines the delicious flavors of pizza but in a "healthier" quinoa casserole form.
This vegan quinoa casserole is so tasty and satisfying. It combines all the delicious flavors of pizza, but in a "healthier" quinoa form.
Then we go all-in with a veggie supreme version using garlic, onion, mushroom, tomato, spinach, and green pepper.
There is even such a wonderful aroma of pizza as it bakes! We find the leftovers make a great take-along lunch.
Ingredients for Vegan Quinoa Casserole
For this recipe you will need:
- White quinoa
- Yellow onion
- Green bell pepper
- Mushrooms (I use cremini)
- Roma tomato
- Fresh baby spinach
- Tomato sauce (or substitute 1-2 cups of your favorite marinara sauce)
- Vegan mozzarella shreds (I enjoy Miyoko's and Follow Your Heart brands)
- Dried basil + dried oregano
Fresh basil also makes a great garnish before serving.
For more inspiration, browse all vegan main dish recipes.
Vegan Pizza Quinoa Casserole
- 1 1/2 cups white quinoa (uncooked)
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms (I use cremini)
- 3 roma tomatoes (or grape/cherry tomatoes)
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 3 cloves garlic
- 15 oz. can tomato sauce* (or less to taste)
- 1 cup vegan mozzarella shreds (Miyoko's, Follow Your Heart, etc.)
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cook quinoa: in a saucepan, add rinsed quinoa and 3 cups water (or veggie broth for more flavor). Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, chop onion, green pepper, and tomatoes. Mince garlic.
- In a skillet over medium heat, sauté onion, green pepper, and sliced mushrooms with salt for about 10 minutes or until softened. (I use 3 Tbsp. water/broth for no-oil sauté method.)
- Add garlic, stir, and sauté 1 more minute.
- When quinoa is cooked, place it in a large mixing bowl. Add tomato sauce, tomatoes, spinach, mozzarella, sautéed vegetables (any excess liquid removed), basil, and oregano. Stir to combine.
- Spread mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish (lightly sprayed if desired) and gently press down. Top with a light sprinkle of cheese if desired.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Garnish with fresh chopped basil before serving if desired.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this vegan pizza quinoa casserole, also check out: