Quick and easy vegan quesadilla with pesto, spinach, tomato and two kinds of dairy-free cheese! A satisfying, flavor-packed lunch or dinner.
This pesto quesadilla is simple to make and so flavorful. It combines fresh baby spinach, thinly sliced tomato and pesto with a two-cheese combo of mozzarella and feta.
The mozzarella holds everything together while the feta adds awesome flavor. (However if you can't find vegan feta, you can make your own or simply leave it out.)
Ingredients for Pesto Quesadilla
For this recipe you will need:
- Roma tomato
- Fresh baby spinach
- Pesto: Either homemade vegan pesto or your own favorite.
- Vegan mozzarella shreds: I use Miyoko's or Follow Your Heart
- Vegan feta crumbles: Optional, but tasty! I like Follow Your Heart or Violife.
- Large tortillas: Use gluten-free if needed. I try to find whole grain tortillas when possible.
Feel free to adjust the amounts of each ingredient based on the flavors you enjoy!
Spinach & Tomato Quesadilla with Pesto
- 1 roma tomato (thinly sliced)
- 3/4 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup vegan pesto (more/less as desired)
- 1/2 cup vegan mozzarella shreds (I like Follow Your Heart or Miyokos)
- 1/4 cup vegan feta crumbles (optional)
- 2 large tortillas (gluten-free if desired)
- Spread a thin layer of pesto on one half of your tortilla.
- Over the pesto, add a light layer of mozzarella and feta (if using).
- Add tomato slices, spinach, and top with another layer of mozzarella cheese (to help "glue" it together).
- Carefully place the quesadilla on a skillet over medium heat. Let heat for about 5 minutes, flip, then heat for another 5 minutes or until cheese has melted and tortilla is slightly browned & crispy.
- Repeat the process for the second quesadilla.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you're enjoying this vegan pesto spinach & tomato quesadilla, also check out:
- Ultimate Vegetable Soup
- Sautéed Portobello with Spinach
- Or this roundup of 12 Easy, Satisfying Vegan Meals
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make or adapt this recipe! (Also please leave a review and star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated - thank you!)