Savory, protein-packed Vegan Green Enchiladas with beautiful salsa verde! A super satisfying meal made with white cannellini beans, edamame, and sweet corn.
This is a rather unique twist on enchiladas, but we find it to be oh so delicious! Edamame, cannellini beans, plus sweet corn join together for the protein-packed filling, spiked with cumin. Then they’re rolled up and smothered with beautiful, savory salsa verde. I found these enchiladas to be a bit tricky to photograph given the color, but we absolutely love the interesting combination of flavors and find them to be super satisfying.
Also, if you’re looking for more enchilada deliciousness, check out a few of our other favorite recipes:
Black Bean Spinach Enchiladas
Protein Monster Vegan Enchiladas
Homemade Enchilada Sauce
Easy Vegan Bean Enchiladas
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a pic if you make or adapt these! I love seeing your beautiful recreations. (Or leave a star rating below if you give it a try – your feedback is very appreciated!)
Vegan Green Enchiladas with White Beans
- 15 oz. can cannellini beans
- 2 cups shelled edamame (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup sweet corn (fresh or frozen)
- 1 onion
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 4 oz. diced green chiles (I use mild, fire roasted hatch chiles)
- 12 oz. salsa verde
- 8 large tortillas (gluten-free if desired)
- Vegan shredded cheese to taste
- 3-4 slices vegan pepper jack cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Dice onion and mince garlic.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, saute onion 7-8 minutes. (I use 3 Tbsp. water/veggie broth for no-oil saute method.)
- Add minced garlic, cumin, and green chiles. Cook 1 minute, stirring.
- Add corn and shelled edamame. Saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add white beans (rinsed and drained). Stir to combine and turn off stove.
- Distribute the bean mixture evenly down the center of each tortilla. Top with a sprinkle of vegan shredded cheese, then roll up tightly tucking in both ends.
- Place enchiladas seam side down in a 9×13" pan (lightly sprayed if desired). Coat the top with salsa verde.
- Place in oven for 15 minutes. Remove and place strips of vegan pepper jack cheese on each enchilada if desired.
- Return to oven for 10 minutes.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
If you’re enjoying these Vegan Green Enchiladas, feel free to also check out the full “Mexican Inspired” recipe archives on the site for more tasty, plant-based inspiration! (Or keep the fiesta going with this roundup of “Ultimate List of Vegan Mexican Recipes” which has a huge variety of 110+ Mexican style recipes.)