Super creamy Vegan Avocado Cilantro Sauce! Easy to make, and fantastic on enchiladas, tacos, nachos, taquitos, and burritos.
This easy, creamy Avocado Cilantro Sauce is full of fresh flavor and zing. It works well as a tasty, healthy condiment for a wide variety of Mexican-inspired dishes. Try it as a dipping sauce for taquitos, or dolloped on tacos, nachos, and burritos as a healthier alternative to sour cream. It adds an instant burst of flavor and creaminess!
Best of all it’s vegan, gluten-free, and oil-free. As written, it’s not spicy at all so feel free to kick it up if you wish. Jalapeno, cayenne pepper, or chipotle powder all work great. You can even make it ahead of time and simply store covered in the fridge until ready to use. (Which also gives the flavors a chance to develop more as well.) Hope you enjoy!
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a pic if you make or adapt this! I love seeing your beautiful recreations. (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated – thank you!)
Avocado Cilantro Sauce
- 2 avocados
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro (stems removed)
- 1/2 cup onion or shallot (roughly chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2/3 cup vegetable broth (more if needed)
- Juice from 1 lime
- 2 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Optional: add jalapeno, cayenne pepper, or ground chipotle for a kick!
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender, and blend until smooth. (If it's too thick, add a small amount of broth or water to thin to desired consistency.)
- Taste and adjust seasonings as desired. (More cumin, vinegar, lime, garlic, etc.)
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Enjoying this Avocado Cilantro Sauce? Also feel free to check out this Southwestern Black Bean Salad with Citrus Dressing or Chickpea Avocado Mash with Lemon!