EASY, 30-minute Hearty Vegan Chili! Thick, flavorful, and delicious – perfect cold weather comfort food! (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free)
Chilly? Chili! The award for ultimate cold-weather comfort food definitely goes to chili. Thick, dense goodness that warms you from the inside out. I love hugging a bowl in front of the fire on chilly days. It’s super satisfying with hearty beans and veggies in a thick, flavorful tomato sauce. I keep ours mild (toddler in the house) so add cayenne pepper or chipotle if you want to kick it up. We love this version, but feel free to play around with other veggies: I love adding zucchini, or you can try butternut squash or corn for a little sweetness!
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram 🍓 and share a pic if you make this! I love seeing what you guys are cooking up.
Hearty Vegan Chili (30 Minute)
EASY, 30-minute Hearty Vegan Chili! Thick, flavorful, and delicious - perfect cold weather comfort food! (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free)
Servings:4 medium bowls
- 1 onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 4 cloves garlic
- 15 oz. can kidney beans
- 15 oz. can black beans (or pinto, etc.)
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes (I use petite diced)
- 6 oz. tomato paste
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder (use mild, or cut back if desired)
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. oregano
- Salt to taste
- Optional: cayenne pepper or chipotle powder for a kick
Toppings of choice (optional)
- Green onion, avocado, cilantro, vegan sour cream, etc.
- Dice onion and bell pepper.
- In a large stockpot over medium heat, saute onion and bell pepper in water/broth for about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mince garlic. When onion is translucent, add garlic, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, and oregano. Stir and saute 1 minute.
- Add vegetable broth, tomatoes with juice, and tomato paste. Bring to a light boil.
- Meanwhile, rinse and drain beans.
- Add beans, cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes until thickened.
- Serve with toppings of choice.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Calories: 298kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 2g | Potassium: 1559mg | Fiber: 20g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 95.8% | Vitamin C: 77.4% | Calcium: 18.6% | Iron: 48.3%