This easy Vegan Chili Mac comes together in just 30 minutes for a satisfying weeknight meal!
Meet one of our new favorite go-to dinners – Vegan Chili Mac! We all love it, including our toddler who gets super excited and usually asks for seconds. Although she has trouble pronouncing “chili” so it comes out more like “gooey mac”.
I love this recipe because it’s amazing comfort food with 8 simple ingredients yet tons of flavor. It’s both healthy and filling. Plus slightly creamy & cheesy from the nutritional yeast.
It’s not spicy when using a mild chili powder, so add smoky chipotle powder if you’d like to kick it up. It’s a perfect family-friendly meal loved by kids and adults alike. Gooey mac for the win!
Vegan Chili Mac
- 8 oz. elbow pasta
- 1 onion
- 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 15 oz. can kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 1/2 cups corn (I use frozen)
- 3 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 3-4 tsp. mild chili powder*
- 1/2 cup water
- 3-4 oz. spinach
- Salt to taste
- Optional: garlic, chipotle powder
- Cook pasta, leaving al dente. Drain when finished.
- While pasta is cooking, dice onion.
- In a large pan over medium heat, saute onion about 8 minutes or until translucent.
- When onion is soft, add pasta and all other ingredients except spinach.
- Reduce heat and cook 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add more water if it becomes too dry.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop spinach.
- Add spinach and cook 3 minutes. Salt to taste.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you’re enjoying this vegan chili mac, also feel free to check out:
- Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Mushroom Pasta
- BBQ Chickpea Chopped Salad with Avocado Ranch
- Avocado Veggie Sandwich
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make or adapt this recipe! I love seeing your beautiful recreations. (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is always greatly appreciated – thank you!)