I love this recipe because it’s amazing comfort food with 8 simple ingredients yet tons of flavor. It’s healthy, filling, and slightly creamy/cheesy from the nutritional yeast. It’s not spicy when using a mild chili powder, so add smoky chipotle powder if you’d like to kick it up. It’s a perfect family-friendly meal loved by kids and adults alike. Gooey mac for the win!
Vegan Chili Mac
- 8 oz. elbow pasta (about 2 heaping cups uncooked)
- 1 onion
- 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 15 oz. can kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 1/2 cups corn (I use frozen)
- 3 Tbsp. nutritional yeast (I use this brand)
- 3-4 tsp. mild chili powder*
- 1/2 cup water
- 3-4 oz. spinach
- Salt to taste
- Optional: garlic, chipotle powder
- Cook pasta, leaving al dente. Drain when finished.
- While pasta is cooking, dice onion.
- In a large pan over medium heat, saute onion about 8 minutes or until translucent.
- When onion is soft, add pasta and all other ingredients except spinach.
- Reduce heat and cook 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add more water if it becomes too dry.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop spinach.
- Add spinach and cook 3 minutes. Salt to taste.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Disclosure: The Garden Grazer is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn fees by linking to amazon.com and affiliated sites. I only share things I absolutely LOVE and personally use! (There is no additional cost to you in clicking the affiliate link.)