This easy Vegan Chili Mac comes together in just 30 minutes for a satisfying weeknight meal!
Meet one of our new favorite go-to dinners – Vegan Chili Mac! We all love it, including our toddler who gets super excited and usually asks for seconds. Although she has trouble pronouncing “chili” so it comes out more like “gooey mac” 😉
I love this recipe because it’s amazing comfort food with 8 simple ingredients yet tons of flavor. It’s both healthy and filling. Plus slightly creamy & cheesy from the nutritional yeast. It’s not spicy when using a mild chili powder, so add smoky chipotle powder if you’d like to kick it up. It’s a perfect family-friendly meal loved by kids and adults alike. Gooey mac for the win!
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a photo if you make or adapt this! I love seeing your beautiful recreations. (Or leave a star rating below if you give it a try – your feedback is very appreciated!)
Vegan Chili Mac
- 8 oz. elbow pasta (about 2 heaping cups uncooked)
- 1 onion
- 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 15 oz. can kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 1/2 cups corn (I use frozen)
- 3 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 3-4 tsp. mild chili powder*
- 1/2 cup water
- 3-4 oz. spinach
- Salt to taste
- Optional: garlic, chipotle powder
- Cook pasta, leaving al dente. Drain when finished.
- While pasta is cooking, dice onion.
- In a large pan over medium heat, saute onion about 8 minutes or until translucent.
- When onion is soft, add pasta and all other ingredients except spinach.
- Reduce heat and cook 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add more water if it becomes too dry.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop spinach.
- Add spinach and cook 3 minutes. Salt to taste.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Enjoying this vegan chili mac? Also feel free to check out a few other quick and easy 30 minute favorites:
Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Mushroom Pasta
BBQ Chickpea Chopped Salad with Avocado Ranch
Avocado Veggie Sandwich