This easy Vegan Chili Mac comes together in just 30 minutes for a satisfying weeknight meal!
This Vegan Chili Mac is one of our favorite weeknight go-to dinners.
It combines pasta, hearty beans, and fresh veggies in a flavorful tomato sauce.
It is quick and simple to prepare with only 8 ingredients, but lots of cozy flavor.
A big pan of satisfying comfort food made healthy!
Ingredients for Vegan Chili Mac
For this recipe you will need:
- Elbow pasta: Use gluten-free if desired.
- Yellow onion
- Tomato sauce
- Kidney beans
- Sweet corn: Canned, frozen, or cooked fresh.
- Nutritional yeast: This provides a really nice savory, cheesy flavor.
- Chili powder: I use mild.
- Fresh baby spinach
This recipe is mild (if using a mild chili powder) so add smoky chipotle powder, cayenne, or hot sauce if you would like to kick it up.
Vegan Chili Mac
- 8 oz. elbow pasta (GF if desired)
- 1 yellow onion
- 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 15 oz. can kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 1/2 cups sweet corn, cooked (I use frozen or canned)
- 3 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 3-4 tsp. mild chili powder*
- 1/3 cup water
- 3-4 oz. fresh baby spinach
- Salt to taste
- Optional: garlic, chipotle powder
- Cook pasta, leaving al dente. Drain when finished.
- While pasta is cooking, dice onion.
- In a large pan over medium heat, sauté onion about 8 minutes or until translucent.
- When onion is soft, add pasta and all other ingredients except spinach.
- Reduce heat and cook 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add more water if it becomes too dry.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop spinach.
- Add spinach and cook 3 minutes. Salt to taste.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this easy vegan chili mac, also feel free to check out:
- Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Mushroom Pasta
- BBQ Chickpea Chopped Salad with Avocado Ranch
- Avocado Veggie Sandwich