This healthy Corn & Potato Chowder has the most luxurious golden, cheesy broth! Plus it’s only 8 ingredients, and super easy assembly makes it a perfect, cozy weeknight meal. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free)
Silky, creamy, cheesy Vegan Corn Chowder with Potato! This is a family favorite recipe. I love the rich, savory flavors and sweetness of the corn. Veganizing classic comfort foods is so fun, plus I enjoy them even more with healthier, fresh ingredients. This creamy corn chowder is no exception! The golden, cheesy broth is spiked with flavorful smoked paprika and is deliciously creamy.
How to Make Vegan Corn Chowder
This chowder is just 8 simple ingredients! Not to mention super easy assembly. (Which makes for a great weeknight meal.) Either serve as is, or blend half to create more of a creamy consistency and achieve that extra golden, cheesy broth. Truly hope you enjoy as much as we do! (PS – another potato favorite are these Vegan Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes.)
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a pic if you make this! I love seeing your beautiful recreations.
Vegan Corn & Potato Chowder
- 1 onion
- 8-10 small red potatoes (about 2 lbs. or 4-5 cups diced)
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 3 cups organic corn (frozen or fresh)
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups plain almond milk (unsweetened)
- 2/3 cup nutritional yeast (I use this brand)
- 1 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Fresh chives or green onions
- Dice onion. In a large stockpot over medium-high heat, saute onion in 3 Tbsp. broth/water for about 7-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mince garlic and cut potatoes into about 3/4″ chunks.
- Add potatoes and smoked paprika to pot. Cook 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add minced garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add broth, milk, corn, and nutritional yeast. Increase heat and bring to a light boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Salt/pepper to taste, and add more nutritional yeast if desired.
- Leave as is, or blend some for a creamier texture. (I like to blend about half with an immersion blender.)
- Garnish with fresh chives, green onion, etc. if desired.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Enjoying this Vegan Corn Chowder? Feel free to also check out the full “Vegan Soup” recipe archives on the site for more cozy plant-based inspiration!
Disclosure: The Garden Grazer is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn fees by linking to amazon.com and affiliated sites. I only share things I absolutely LOVE and also personally use! (There is no additional cost to you in clicking the affiliate link.)