This healthier Corn & Potato Chowder has the most luxurious, golden, cheesy broth. Plus it’s only 8 ingredients with super easy assembly which makes it a wonderful weeknight meal. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free)
Silky, creamy, cheesy Vegan Corn Chowder with Potato! This is a family favorite recipe. I love the rich, savory flavors and sweetness of the corn. Veganizing classic comfort foods is always so fun. (Plus I seem to enjoy them even more with healthier, fresh ingredients.) This corn chowder is no exception. The golden, cheesy broth is spiked with flavorful smoked paprika and is deliciously creamy.
Making Vegan Corn Chowder
This healthier chowder is just 8 simple ingredients with no dairy, cream, or butter. Not to mention the super easy assembly which makes for a great weeknight meal. Either serve as is, or blend half to create more of a creamy consistency (to achieve that extra-golden, cheesy broth which is our favorite method.) Truly hope you enjoy as much as we do!
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a pic if you make this! I love seeing your beautiful recreations. (Or leave a review/star rating below if you give it a try – your feedback is very appreciated!)
Vegan Corn & Potato Chowder
- 1 onion
- 8-10 small red potatoes (about 2 lbs. or 4-5 cups diced)
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 3 cups organic corn (frozen or fresh)
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups almond milk* (plain & unsweetened)
- 2/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Fresh chives or green onions
- Dice onion. In a large stockpot over medium-high heat, saute onion in 3 Tbsp. broth/water for about 7-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mince garlic and cut potatoes into about 3/4″ chunks.
- Add potatoes and smoked paprika to pot. Cook 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add minced garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add broth, milk, corn, and nutritional yeast. Increase heat and bring to a light boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Salt/pepper to taste, and add more nutritional yeast if desired.
- Leave as is, or blend some for a creamier texture. (I like to blend about half with an immersion blender.)
- Garnish with fresh chives, green onion, etc. if desired.