Our favorite Thai peanut sauce with garlic, ginger, and a little sweetness! Only 6 simple ingredients, 10 minutes to make, and super versatile. Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free.
I can’t contain my excitement for this sauce! It’s got garlic, ginger, and yummy tangy sweetness. All swirled into a luscious, creamy peanut butter base. And it’s EASY. Only 6 ingredients and less than 10 minutes to make!
Ingredients for Thai Peanut Sauce:
I especially love the flexibility. There are so many ways to both make it & use it. For dipping spring rolls or baked tofu, vegetable stir-fries, tempeh/tofu dishes, Easy Peanut Noodles, or poured over this Fresh Thai Quinoa Salad (pictured below). You can even thin it out with more water to make a super flavorful salad dressing.
This sauce is truly one of my all-time favorite recipes. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do! Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a photo if you make it. (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated – thank you!)
Thai Peanut Sauce
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (I use creamy, natural)
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar or maple syrup (more/less to taste)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. tamari (or soy sauce)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. fresh grated ginger (more to taste)
- Hot water to thin to desired consistency
- Optional: red pepper flakes
- Mince garlic and grate ginger. (I use a microplane grater for ginger.)
- In a mixing bowl, add all ingredients except water.
- Heat about 3/4 cup of water to just under boiling. (I love our tea kettle with thermometer.)
- Add water a couple tablespoons at a time, slowly whisking and working the mixture together.
- Continue adding water and whisking until sauce reaches your desired consistency. (I usually end up adding roughly 1/2 cup hot water.)
- Salt to taste if desired or adjust flavors as needed; more tamari for saltiness, more sweetener, garlic, ginger, or fresh lemon/lime juice.
- Play around with the measurements to find the taste you love!
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Enjoying this Thai Peanut Sauce? Feel free to browse the full “Asian Inspired” recipe archives on the site for more plant based inspiration.