Our favorite Thai-inspired easy peanut sauce with garlic, ginger, and a little sweetness! Only 6 simple ingredients, 10 minutes to make, and super versatile. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free.)
I can't contain my excitement for this sauce. It's got garlic, ginger, and yummy tangy sweetness. All swirled into a luscious peanut butter base.
And it's super easy. Only 6 ingredients and (less than) 10 minutes to make!
Ingredients for Peanut Sauce
For this recipe you'll need:
- Peanut butter (I use creamy, natural)
- Brown sugar or maple syrup (for sweetness)
- Tamari (or soy sauce)
- Fresh lemon or lime juice
- Fresh ginger
- Hot water (to thin to desired consistency)
How to Use This Sauce
I love the flexibility of this recipe! So many ways to make it and enjoy it:
- Thai-Style Quinoa Salad (pictured above)
- Easy Peanut Noodles (pictured below)
- As a dipping sauce for spring rolls or Baked Tofu
- A rich sauce for vegetable stir fry
- Or thin it out for a super flavorful salad dressing
Easy Peanut Sauce
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (I use creamy, natural)
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar or maple syrup (more/less to taste)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. tamari (or soy sauce)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. fresh grated ginger (more/less to taste)
- Hot water to thin to desired consistency
- Optional: red pepper flakes
- Mince garlic and grate ginger. (I use a microplane grater for ginger.)
- In a mixing bowl, add all ingredients except water.
- Heat about 3/4 cup of water to just under boiling. (I love our tea kettle with thermometer.)
- Add water a couple tablespoons at a time, slowly whisking and working the mixture together.
- Continue adding water and whisking until sauce reaches your desired consistency. (I usually end up adding roughly 1/2 cup hot water.)
- Salt to taste if desired or adjust flavors as needed; more tamari for saltiness, more sweetener, garlic, ginger, or fresh lemon/lime juice.
- Play around with the measurements to find the taste you love!
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make this recipe! (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated - thank you!)