Creamy Mushroom Pasta with flavor-packed sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, and spinach! An easy, satisfying 30-minute vegan dinner.
Let’s make a pan of satisfying, creamy mushroom pasta with flavorful sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, & spinach! This dish is oil-free, using healthy whole food, plant-based ingredients. And it comes together in just 30 minutes for an easy weeknight meal. Instead of making a separate cashew sauce, I take a shortcut with cashew milk and cheesy nutritional yeast to form the simple, light cream sauce. (You may sub other non-dairy milk if desired but it may slightly alter the taste.)
Have fun changing it up with your own variations. Add fresh lemon juice to brighten it up, different greens such as arugula, or more fresh herbs. Adjust it seasonally with whatever fresh produce is available. (Asparagus in the spring is lovely!) See the recipe for additional notes and possible variations for more ideas. You can even pair it with your favorite vegan deli sausage – I love Field Roast’s Smoked Apple Sage sausage. Enjoy!
Looking for more quick & easy dishes?
Browse the “30 Minutes or Less” archives here!
Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Mushroom Pasta
- 8 oz. penne (gluten-free if desired)
- 8 oz. mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced sun-dried tomatoes*
- 3-5 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 cups cashew milk (plain, unsweetened)
- 2/3 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast (I use this brand)
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 Tbsp. fresh basil
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach (or arugula, etc.)
- Salt/pepper to taste
Toppings for serving (optional):
- Fresh basil or parsley, kalamata olives, cashew parmesan
Other possible additions:
- Fresh lemon juice, grape tomatoes, asparagus, shallot, roasted bell pepper, peas
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, leaving al dente. Drain when finished.
- Meanwhile, slice the mushrooms.
- In a large skillet over med-high heat, saute mushrooms for about 7 minutes. (I use 3 Tbsp. water/veggie broth for no-oil saute method.)
- Meanwhile, mince garlic and dice sun-dried tomatoes (yielding about 1/2 cup diced tomatoes).
- Add garlic and sun-dried tomatoes to the skillet. Stir and saute 1 minute.
- Add cashew milk, broth, nutritional yeast, and garlic powder. Stir well to combine.
- Heat 3-4 minutes or until lightly simmering.
- Meanwhile, chop/julienne the basil.
- Add basil and drained pasta to the skillet. Toss well and heat for 5-10 minutes or until the pasta has absorbed most of the sauce. (The sauce will be thin at first, but will thicken upon heating and even more after sitting.)
- Stir in spinach during last couple minutes to wilt. Salt/pepper to taste.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Disclosure: The Garden Grazer is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn fees by linking to amazon.com and affiliated sites. I only share things I absolutely LOVE and personally use! (There is no additional cost to you in clicking the affiliate link.)