Vegan Creamy Mushroom Pasta with flavor-packed sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, and spinach! An easy, satisfying 30-minute weeknight dinner.
Let's make a pan of satisfying vegan creamy mushroom pasta with flavorful sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, & spinach! I love that this dish comes together in just 30 minutes for an easy vegan weeknight meal.
To simplify the cream sauce, I use a shortcut with cashew milk and cheesy nutritional yeast instead of soaking whole cashews. (You can certainly sub another non-dairy milk if desired but it may slightly alter the taste - just be sure it's plain and unsweetened.)
Ingredients for Creamy Vegan Mushroom Pasta
- Penne pasta (or your own favorite)
- Mushrooms (I use cremini)
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cashew milk (plain & unsweetened, or other plant milk)
- Vegetable broth
- Nutritional yeast
- Garlic powder
- Fresh basil
Change it up with your own variations. Add fresh lemon juice to brighten, different greens such as arugula, olives, or more fresh herbs.
It's a great dish to adjust seasonally with whatever produce is available. (Asparagus is lovely in the springtime.) You can even pair it with your favorite vegan deli sausage. I love Field Roast's Smoked Apple Sage sausage.
Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Mushroom Pasta
- 8 oz. penne (gluten-free if desired)
- 8 oz. mushrooms (I use cremini)
- 1/2 cup diced sun-dried tomatoes*
- 3-5 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 cups cashew milk (plain, unsweetened)
- 2/3 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 Tbsp. fresh basil
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach (or arugula, etc.)
- Salt/pepper to taste
Toppings for serving (optional):
- Fresh basil or parsley, kalamata olives, cashew parmesan
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, leaving al dente (tender, not mushy). Drain when finished.
- Meanwhile, slice the mushrooms.
- In a large skillet over med-high heat, sauté mushrooms for about 7 minutes. (I use 3 Tbsp. water/veggie broth for no-oil sauté method.)
- Meanwhile, mince garlic and dice sun-dried tomatoes (yielding about 1/2 cup diced tomatoes).
- Add garlic and sun-dried tomatoes to the skillet. Stir and saute 1 minute.
- Add cashew milk, broth, nutritional yeast, and garlic powder. Stir well to combine.
- Heat 3-4 minutes or until lightly simmering.
- Meanwhile, chop/julienne the basil.
- Add basil and drained pasta to the skillet. Toss well and heat for 5-10 minutes or until the pasta has absorbed most of the sauce. (The sauce will be thin at first, but will thicken upon heating and even more after sitting.)
- Stir in spinach during last couple minutes to wilt. Salt/pepper to taste.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you're looking for more quick & easy 30-Minute meals, also check out:
- Portobello Fajitas
- Broccoli Cashew Stir Fry
- Vegan Butter Chickpeas
- Easy Peanut Noodles
- Or browse: 15 Best Easy Vegan Weeknight Meals
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make this! (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try - your feedback is always very appreciated. Thank you!)