Vegan Creamy Mushroom Pasta with flavor-packed sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, and spinach! An easy, satisfying 30-minute weeknight dinner.
Let’s make a pan of satisfying, vegan creamy mushroom pasta with flavorful sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, & spinach! I love that this dish comes together in just 30 minutes for an easy vegan weeknight meal. To simplify the cream sauce, I use a shortcut with cashew milk and cheesy nutritional yeast instead of soaking whole cashews. (You can certainly sub another non-dairy milk if desired but it may slightly alter the taste – just be sure it’s plain and unsweetened!)
As always, have fun changing it up with your own variations. You can add fresh lemon juice to brighten it up, different greens such as arugula, or more fresh herbs. Not to mention it’s a great dish to adjust seasonally with whatever fresh produce is available. (Asparagus is lovely in the springtime!) You can even pair it with your favorite vegan deli sausage. I love Field Roast’s Smoked Apple Sage sausage. Hope you enjoy!
If you’re looking for more quick & easy 30-Minute meals, also check out:
Broccoli Cashew Stir Fry
Vegan Butter Chickpeas
Easy Peanut Noodles
Or browse: 15 Best Easy Vegan Weeknight Meals
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a photo if you make this! (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try – your feedback is always very appreciated. Thank you!)
Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Mushroom Pasta
- 8 oz. penne (gluten-free if desired)
- 8 oz. mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced sun-dried tomatoes*
- 3-5 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 cups cashew milk (plain, unsweetened)
- 2/3 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 Tbsp. fresh basil
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach (or arugula, etc.)
- Salt/pepper to taste
Toppings for serving (optional):
- Fresh basil or parsley, kalamata olives, cashew parmesan
Other possible additions:
- Onion, grape tomatoes, asparagus, shallot, roasted bell pepper, peas
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, leaving al dente. Drain when finished.
- Meanwhile, slice the mushrooms.
- In a large skillet over med-high heat, saute mushrooms for about 7 minutes. (I use 3 Tbsp. water/veggie broth for no-oil saute method.)
- Meanwhile, mince garlic and dice sun-dried tomatoes (yielding about 1/2 cup diced tomatoes).
- Add garlic and sun-dried tomatoes to the skillet. Stir and saute 1 minute.
- Add cashew milk, broth, nutritional yeast, and garlic powder. Stir well to combine.
- Heat 3-4 minutes or until lightly simmering.
- Meanwhile, chop/julienne the basil.
- Add basil and drained pasta to the skillet. Toss well and heat for 5-10 minutes or until the pasta has absorbed most of the sauce. (The sauce will be thin at first, but will thicken upon heating and even more after sitting.)
- Stir in spinach during last couple minutes to wilt. Salt/pepper to taste.