A satisfying Asian-inspired Noodle Soup loaded with flavorful veggies. Minimal effort, but super tasty flavor and perfect for busy nights! (Vegan, gluten-free option)
This Asian-style Noodle Soup is my happy soup. My mom made a similar one when I was a kid and it always stuck with me. So I've done many of my own recreations over the years.
It's a great meal on nights I'm craving a warm, satisfying home-cooked meal but am low on energy and motivation. Minimal effort and maximum enjoyment!
Ingredients for Asian-Style Noodle Soup
For this recipe you will need:
- Noodles of choice: udon, soba, rice noodles, etc.
- Vegetable broth
- Mushrooms: any variety
- Green onion (scallion)
- Fresh baby spinach
- Toasted sesame oil
- Tamari or soy sauce
- Toppings of choice: mung bean sprouts, sesame seeds, fresh cilantro, etc.
However I've made many variations based on whatever ingredients I have on hand. (Such as the photo below shown with broccoli and sugar snap peas.)
The recipe measurements are just a guideline so change it up to suit your own taste!
I often add Easy Baked Tofu for a protein boost, or some Asian Style Garlic Tofu on the side. Hope you enjoy this cozy bowl of noodle soup as well.
Asian-Inspired Noodle Soup
- 6 oz. soba/udon noodles (or rice noodle, spaghetti, etc.)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 8 oz. mushrooms (or more)
- 4 green onions
- 1 cup carrot (shredded)
- 4 oz. baby spinach
- 2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- Tamari/soy sauce to taste
- Optional toppings: mung bean sprouts, sesame seeds, cilantro
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain when finished. (Toss with sesame oil to prevent sticking if desired.)
- Meanwhile, slice mushrooms and green onion.
- In a large pan over medium heat, add 2 tsp. sesame oil. Once hot, carefully add mushrooms. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add carrot and green onion. Sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add spinach and cook 1 minute. Turn off heat.
- Assemble soup in bowls: add noodles, broth*, veggies, and tamari/soy sauce to taste.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you're enjoying this Asian-style Noodle Soup, also feel free to check out:
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make or adapt this recipe! (Also please leave a review and star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated - thank you!)