A vegan Coconut Matcha Smoothie with vanilla and banana! It is naturally sweetened, energizing, and so refreshing. Plus includes antioxidants from the matcha green tea powder.
Matcha & coconut is such a lovely combination that pairs so well together.
This smoothie is easy to make, plus refreshing and energizing.
If you are not too familiar with matcha green tea powder, feel free to check out my Matcha Guide for health benefits and more information.
Ingredients for Coconut Matcha Smoothie
For this recipe you will need:
- Canned coconut milk: I use light, but use your own favorite.
- Ripe banana: The more brown spots, the sweeter it will be. You can use either fresh or frozen. Frozen banana will help provide a creamier texture.
- Pineapple: Either fresh, frozen, or canned.
- Organic matcha powder: Be sure to find a good quality matcha powder that is a bright green color. You can use ceremonial grade, latte grade, or even culinary grade matcha with this recipe.
- Vanilla extract
- Pure maple syrup: I love this as a natural sweetener, but feel free to substitute your own favorite sweetener of choice.
- Ice cubes
Note: Just a reminder that matcha green tea powder does contain caffeine.
However you could significantly reduce or halve the matcha powder from 2 teaspoons to 1 teaspoon if desired.
For more inspiration, browse all vegan drink recipes.
Coconut Vanilla Matcha Smoothie
- 14 oz. can light coconut milk
- 1 ripe banana (frozen if desired)
- 1 cup pineapple (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tsp. organic matcha powder
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract (more/less to taste)
- 1-2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup (or other sweetener)
- Small handful ice
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Adjust sweetness by adding more maple syrup if desired.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this vegan Coconut Vanilla Matcha Smoothie, also check out: