This Coconut Vanilla Matcha Smoothie is an awesome way to get your daily dose of zenergy and antioxidants. So wonderfully light, refreshing, and energizing!
I have a small confession to make: I've never been a fan of coconut. But I really want to be, so I keep trying.
I've heard that matcha and coconut is a lovely combination, and given my deep love of matcha, I knew I had to give it a try.
Ingredients for Coconut Matcha Smoothie
For this recipe you will need:
- Canned coconut milk: I use light, but use your own favorite.
- Banana: Frozen if desired which provides better texture.
- Pineapple: Either fresh, frozen, or canned.
- Organic matcha powder: Be sure to find a good quality matcha powder that is a bright green color.
- Vanilla extract
- Pure maple syrup: Or other sweetener of choice.
- Ice cubes
I can honestly say it was the first time I ever enjoyed coconut!
Turns out all it needed was a little matcha magic. I usually think coconut overpowers everything but it doesn't here for me at all.
Plus it is such a light, refreshing smoothie with a wonderful balance of flavors. Such a great way to change up my matcha routine!
For more inspiration, browse all vegan drink recipes.
Coconut Vanilla Matcha Smoothie
- 14 oz. can light coconut milk
- 1 ripe banana (frozen if desired)
- 1 cup pineapple (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tsp. organic matcha powder
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract (more/less to taste)
- 1-2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup (or other sweetener)
- Small handful ice
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Adjust sweetness by adding more maple syrup if desired.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this creamy Coconut Matcha Smoothie, also check out: