A vegan Coconut Matcha Smoothie recipe with vanilla and banana! It's naturally sweetened, energizing, and so refreshing. Plus it includes antioxidants from the matcha green tea powder. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free.)
Matcha and coconut is such a lovely combination that pairs so well together!
This smoothie is easy to make, plus refreshing and energizing.
If you're not too familiar with matcha green tea powder, feel free to check out my Matcha Guide for health benefits and more information.
Ingredients for Coconut Matcha Smoothie
For this recipe you will blend in a blender:
- Canned coconut milk: I use light, but use your own favorite.
- Ripe banana: The more brown spots, the sweeter it will be. You can use either fresh or frozen. Frozen banana will help provide a creamier texture.
- Pineapple: You can either use fresh, frozen, or canned.
- Organic matcha powder: Be sure to find a good quality matcha powder that is a bright green color. You can use ceremonial grade, latte grade, or even culinary grade matcha with this recipe.
- Vanilla extract
- Pure maple syrup: I love this as a natural sweetener, but feel free to substitute your own favorite sweetener of choice. Agave nectar or a date would work great too.
- Ice cubes
Caffeine note: Just a friendly reminder that matcha green tea powder does contain caffeine!
To reduce the amount, you could significantly cut or simply halve the matcha powder from 2 teaspoons to 1 teaspoon if desired.
For more inspiration, also browse all vegan drink recipes.
Coconut Vanilla Matcha Smoothie
- 14 oz. can light coconut milk
- 1 ripe banana (frozen if desired)
- 1 cup pineapple (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tsp. organic matcha powder
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract (more/less to taste)
- 1-2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup (or other sweetener)
- Small handful ice
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Adjust sweetness by adding more maple syrup if desired.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
Sodium: This is omitted as I cannot provide an accurate number. I encourage you to calculate your own to provide a much more precise reading based on the exact ingredients, brands, and amounts you're using.
If you are enjoying this vegan Coconut Vanilla Matcha Smoothie recipe, also check out: