This summer-fresh Tomato Fettuccine with with herbs is tossed in a garlic-balsamic dressing. So tasty and easy to prepare!
This tomato fettuccine recipe is great in the summer with ripe garden tomatoes.
It is also paired with a small mountain of herbs for extra freshness.
I adapted this from a recipe my mom found printed in a local newspaper many years ago.
So unfortunately proper credit past that eludes me. However it has become one of my summertime favorites.
Ingredients for Summer Fettuccine
For this recipe you will need:
- Fettuccine pasta: Be sure to use gluten-free noodles if desired.
- Ripe garden tomatoes
- Red onion
- Fresh basil
- Fresh parsley
- Garlic cloves
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil: Or you can simply omit for an oil-free version.
- Salt/pepper to taste
We are big fans of garlic and basil, so I like to add a little extra to suit our taste.
How to Make
This recipe is quick and easy to prepare. Simply:
- Cook your pasta.
- Whisk together the dressing.
- Dice vegetables and herbs.
- Then toss everything together.
It is basically done in the time it takes the pasta to cook. It makes a fairly large batch so reduce or halve if desired.
Either serve it right away while it's warm, at room temperature, or even chilled.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. We find they keep well for about 2-3 days.
For more inspiration, browse all pasta & noodle recipes.
Summer Tomato Fettuccine with Balsamic & Herbs
- 1 lb. fettuccine pasta (gluten-free if desired)
- 5-6 ripe tomatoes
- 1 small red onion
- 3/4 cup fresh basil
- 3/4 cup fresh parsley
For the garlic-balsamic dressing:
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Cook fettuccine according to package instructions, leaving al dente. Drain when finished.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing. Mince garlic. Then add dressing ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Dice tomatoes and red onion. Chop basil and parsley (large stems removed).
- In a large bowl, add tomatoes, onion, basil, and parsley.
- Add pasta to bowl and pour dressing over top and lightly toss to combine.
- Serve warm, cold, or room temperature.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this fresh Summer Tomato Fettuccine with Herbs & Balsamic, also check out:
- Roasted Vegetable Panini with Pesto
- Balsamic Green Bean Salad
- Asparagus Mushroom Stir Fry
- Shiitake Garlic Noodles