Quick and easy Garden Vegetable Pasta with a light, tangy vinegar-herb dressing! Great way to enjoy those fresh summertime garden veggies. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free.)
This is a great, easy side dish (or meal) when you have a bounty of fresh, summertime garden vegetables.
I really enjoy the combination of zucchini, tomatoes, and onion. But mushrooms, bell pepper, or other veggies would be fantastic as well.
Plus the leftovers are awesome, becoming even more flavorful after the vinegar-herb dressing has a chance to sit and get cozy with the pasta.
So it makes for a great take-along cold lunch as well.
Ingredients for Garden Pasta
For this recipe, you will need:
- Pasta of your choice: Use gluten-free if desired.
- Ripe garden tomatoes
- Yellow squash
- Red wine vinegar
- Dried oregano
Hope you enjoy this fresh taste of summer!
For more inspiration, also browse all pasta and noodle recipes.
Garden Vegetable Pasta
- 8 oz. pasta* (gluten-free if desired)
- 1 small yellow onion (or 1/2 large)
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 yellow summer squash
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh basil (or parsley, etc.)
For the vinegar-oregano dressing:
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano (or other herb of your choice)
- 1/8 tsp. salt (more/less to taste)
- Cook pasta according to package directions, leaving al dente (slightly firm, not mushy). Drain when finished.
- Meanwhile, chop the onion. Dice zucchini and yellow squash. Chop tomatoes.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, sauté onions for about 4 minutes. (I use 3 Tbsp. broth/water for no-oil sauté method, adding more as needed.)
- Add zucchini and yellow squash. Stir and sauté 6-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mince garlic.
- Add chopped tomatoes and garlic to pan. Sauté 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add cooked (drained) pasta to a large bowl. Add dressing, cooked vegetables, and chopped fresh basil. Toss to combine.
- Salt/pepper to taste as needed. Add a splash more vinegar, or more basil if desired.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this Garden Vegetable Pasta, also feel free to check out:
- Fresh Tomato Fettuccine with Balsamic and Herbs
- Balsamic Green Bean Salad
- Garden Harvest Vegetable Soup
- Summer Vegetable Chili
- Summer Blast Salad with Avocado