A vegan Roasted Vegetable Panini recipe with pesto! This tasty sandwich includes a medley of veggies roasted to perfection, and then is combined with flavorful dairy-free pesto and cheese.
This vegan vegetable pesto panini is one of our favorite sandwiches because it has such tasty, satisfying flavor.
Roasting the vegetables adds so much depth and flavor.
In this version we use onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, and asparagus.
However please feel free to change it up with your own favorite veggies or whatever's in season!
Ingredients for Vegetable Panini
For this recipe you will need:
- Bell peppers: We will use two bell peppers for this recipe. Here I used orange and red bell pepper, but use any color you wish.
- Onion: Either red, white, sweet onion, or yellow onion works.
- Mushrooms: I use cremini, but choose your own favorite. White button, shiitake mushrooms, or portobello would be great too.
- Asparagus: If this is not in season or not available, you can simply leave it out.
- Vegan mozzarella: One of my favorite vegan mozzarellas is Miyoko's. It tastes amazing and also melts pretty well. Plus I like that it's made with organic cashews and simple ingredients.
- Vegan pesto: Use your own favorite store-bought version, or try homemade pesto if desired.
- Whole grain bread: Sourdough works great or use your own favorite.
Note: The recipe makes a large amount of roasted vegetables, so feel free to decrease as desired.
For more inspiration, also browse all sandwich + wrap recipes.
Roasted Vegetable Panini with Pesto
- 2 bell peppers (I use red & orange)
- 1 small onion
- 8 oz. mushrooms (I use cremini)
- 1 lb. asparagus
- Vegan mozzarella to taste (I love Miyoko's)
- Vegan pesto (or try homemade)
- 8 slices whole grain bread (2 slices per sandwich)
- Preheat oven to 425°F (218°C).
- Slice bell pepper and onion into strips. Cut asparagus into 1-2" pieces. Slice mushrooms.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add vegetables and salt if desired. (You could also add dried herbs such as basil, parsley, oregano, etc.)
- Roast for about 25-30 minutes or to desired tenderness, stirring halfway through.
- After veggies are roasted, in a skillet over medium heat (or panini press) place a slice of bread. Sprinkle a layer of mozzarella on top.
- Then add a generous layer of vegetables. Spread pesto on a second slice of bread and place on top, lightly pressing down.
- Heat about 5-8 minutes on each side or until warmed through and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this vegan Roasted Vegetable Panini recipe, also check out: