This easy pasta combines a colorful medley of vegetables roasted to perfection, then tossed with an easy garlic-balsamic dressing! Plus it is easy to customize with your own favorite veggies.
This roasted vegetable pasta is so basic, yet cozy and satisfying.
It combines a colorful medley of roasted vegetables tossed with your favorite pasta. Then it's mixed with a garlic-balsamic dressing.
We also enjoy the leftovers and eat them chilled right out of the fridge. So it is great for meal prep or take-along lunches as well.
Plus it could also be a great meal in the summer with grilled veggies instead of roasted!
Ingredients for Roasted Vegetable Pasta
For this recipe you will need:
- Onion: I use red for color, but yellow will work too.
- Bell pepper: Orange, yellow, or red.
- Cherry or grape tomatoes
- Fresh broccoli florets
- Pasta of choice: Use gluten-free if desired. I like fusilli made with brown rice & quinoa.
- Balsamic vinegar
- Garlic powder: Or substitute 1-2 fresh minced garlic cloves for a stronger flavor.
- Dried basil: Or other herbs of choice.
Customize this as you see fit with your own favorites vegetables or what's in season.
For more inspiration, also browse all pasta & noodle recipes.
Roasted Vegetable Pasta with Balsamic
- 1 small onion (I used red)
- 1 bell pepper (I used orange)
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 8 oz. pasta (gluten-free if desired)
For the Garlic-Balsamic Dressing:
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. garlic powder (or 1-2 cloves minced for stronger flavor)
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- Fresh basil (or other herbs of choice), cashew parmesan
- Preheat oven to 425°F (218°C).
- Prep the veggies: chop onion, bell pepper, and zucchini into about 3/4-inch chunks. Halve the tomatoes.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper. Spread out veggies on pan and season with salt. (You may want two pans to space out the veggies enough.) Roast for 35-40 minutes (or until desired tenderness) tossing halfway through.
- While vegetables are roasting, cook the pasta al dente. (Lightly boil pasta until cooked but still firm so it doesn't become mushy and fall apart when tossed with vegetables.)
- While pasta is cooking make the dressing: combine balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, and dried basil in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Place the cooked, drained pasta in a large bowl. Immediately add the dressing and toss well to combine.
- When vegetables are roasted, add to pasta. Lightly toss.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary (more salt, another drizzle of balsamic, fresh herbs, etc.) or top with cashew parmesan before serving.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
For more roasted veggie goodness, also check out:
- Roasted Vegetable Orzo with Garlic-Balsamic
- Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- Hoisin Roasted Green Beans
- Sheet Pan Roasted Vegetables & Chickpeas
- Roasted Vegetable Panini with Pesto
- Rainbow Roasted Veggies with Quinoa