Nutrient-packed Quinoa Vegetable Salad with a fresh lemon-basil dressing! Easy to assemble, and also great for make-ahead meals, take-along lunches, picnics, potlucks, etc. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free.)
This healthy lemony quinoa salad is such a great recipe for take-along lunches and meal prep. The quinoa and garbanzo beans provide a hearty, satisfying protein punch, and the lemon-basil dressing is so simple, light, and fresh.
Quinoa is such a versatile, nutrient-packed food, and simple to cook. Plus this is a great recipe to make ahead of time as we find the flavors only intensify as it chills.
How to Make Quinoa Vegetable Salad
- Rinse and cook quinoa.
- Whisk together dressing.
- Prepare and chop your vegetables.
- Then combine everything in a bowl and toss.
- Enjoy immediately, or refrigerate first to help amplify the flavors.
See the notes below the recipe for optional additions and also modifications to the dressing.
This is a wonderful choice for take-along lunches, meal prep, picnics, potlucks, BBQs, and gatherings.
Quinoa Vegetable Salad with Lemon-Basil Dressing
- 1 cup white quinoa (uncooked)
- 15 oz. can garbanzo beans
- 6 oz. grape/cherry tomatoes (or 3 roma)
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 4 green onions
- 1 1/2 cups sweet corn (cooked)
- 2-3 Tbsp. fresh basil (optional, but recommended)
For the lemon-basil dressing:
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice* (about 1 lemon, or more to taste)
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Optional: lemon zest
- Cook the quinoa: place 1 cup quinoa (rinsed and drained) in a small saucepan with 1 1/2 cups water (or vegetable broth for more flavor). Bring to a light boil over medium-high heat. Then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing: in a small bowl combine all dressing ingredients. Whisk to combine.
- Dice tomatoes and bell pepper. Slice green onions. Rinse and drain garbanzo beans. Roughly chop fresh basil, if using.
- When quinoa is done cooking, let cool for a few minutes. Then place all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour dressing over top and toss well to combine. Taste and adjust flavors if desired.
- Can serve immediately or chill covered in the refrigerator for a few hours to let flavors intensify. (Also great served with diced avocado!)
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this salad, also browse all quinoa recipes or check out: