Roasted Rainbow Vegetables with Quinoa is a bright medley of vegetables roasted to perfection. Then combined with nourishing quinoa and a light garlic-balsamic dressing. Healthy and also easy to prepare!
This meal will literally brighten your day with fresh, vibrant colors from the veggie rainbow.
The vegetables are roasted to perfection, then tossed with quinoa and a subtle garlic-balsamic dressing.
Ingredients for Quinoa Roasted Vegetables
For this recipe you will need:
- White quinoa
- Bell pepper
- Red onion
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh baby spinach
- Balsamic vinegar
- Garlic cloves
- Dried basil
Change it up with your own favorite veggies, but I do recommend using cherry tomatoes if possible.
They add such beautiful, juicy flavor when roasted. (Asparagus is also a personal favorite of mine.)
It is a great recipe to play around with depending on your own favorite additions or what's in season.
Mushrooms, zucchini and summer squash would also be great as well.
Plus the leftovers are delicious (I eat them cold like a quinoa salad).
It is a fantastic dish you can also make ahead for meal prep, picnics, potlucks, and take-along lunches too.
Roasted Rainbow Vegetables with Quinoa
- 1 cup white quinoa (uncooked)
- 12 oz. asparagus
- 2 bell peppers (I use 1 orange + 1 yellow)
- 1 small red onion
- 12 oz. cherry tomatoes
- 1-2 cups fresh baby spinach
- Salt to taste
For the garlic-balsamic dressing:
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- Preheat oven to 425°F (218°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper*.
- Cut asparagus into about 1 ½-inch pieces, woody ends removed. Cut bell peppers and onion into ¾-1 inch squares. Place on baking sheet. Add cherry tomatoes. Salt if desired.
- Place in oven and roast for 25 minutes, or desired tenderness.
- Meanwhile, cook the quinoa: place 1 cup quinoa (rinsed and drained) in a small saucepan with 1 ½ cups water or vegetable broth. Bring to a light boil over med-high heat. Then reduce heat to med-low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients and set aside.
- When quinoa is done cooking, immediately place in a large bowl and toss with spinach. (The heat from the quinoa will lightly wilt the spinach.)
- Pour dressing over quinoa and mix well to combine. Add roasted vegetables and stir.
- Salt to taste (or add fresh basil, or a splash more balsamic if desired). Great served warm or chilled.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this Roasted Rainbow Vegetable Quinoa recipe, also check out: