This vegan Strawberry Baked Oatmeal recipe is naturally sweetened with flavors of maple syrup, vanilla, and tender almonds. It's a healthy, wholesome breakfast that's quick and easy to assemble! (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free, nut-free option.)
This sweet + flavorful Strawberry Baked Oatmeal recipe is easy and so delicious!
It almost has a "dessert-like" quality to it thanks to the vanilla + almond extracts. (Paired with naturally sweet strawberries and maple syrup.)
Then we add tender sliced almonds for texture and crunch!
Plus it's made with healthy, whole food plant-based ingredients. (And also gluten-free, oil-free, egg-free, dairy-free, and butter-free.)
Ingredients for Strawberry Oatmeal
For this recipe you'll combine in a large bowl then bake in the oven:
- Fresh strawberries: You will need about 8 ounces (a half pound) of strawberries for this recipe. Be sure your strawberries are ripe and flavorful because that can make all the difference!
- Old-fashioned rolled oats: Use certified gluten-free oats if needed. I haven't tested steel cut oats, so I'm not sure if those would work.
- Plant milk: Use your own favorite dairy-free milk or whatever you have on hand. I like to use homemade cashew milk, but almond milk, soy milk, or oat milk work great too. If you are using sweetened milk, feel free to slightly reduce the amount of maple syrup if desired.
- Pure maple syrup
- Chia seeds: I prefer chia in this recipe, but you could also substitute ground flax seed if desired.
- Pure vanilla extract
- Pure almond extract
- Baking powder
- Sliced almonds: These add a delightful, slightly buttery, tender crunch to the mixture. I love the added texture.
Nut-free? Leave out the sliced almonds, almond extract, and be sure to use a plant milk that isn't nut-based.
Enjoy this oatmeal as it is, or garnish your bowl with your favorite toppings before serving! A few ideas include:
- Sliced bananas
- Fresh berries (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries)
- Dollop of almond butter (for added protein)
- Dash of ground cinnamon
- Drizzle of pure maple syrup (or agave nectar)
- Coconut whipped cream
- Vegan chocolate chips
- Pecans, walnuts, or pumpkin seeds
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. I find they keep for about 3-4 days. Simply reheat in the microwave when ready to enjoy (if you prefer them warm).
Want more tasty oatmeal? Try these Chunky Monkey Overnight Oats or Brownie Baked Oatmeal!
For more inspiration, also browse all vegan breakfast recipes.
Strawberry Baked Oatmeal (Vegan)
For the wet ingredients:
- 2 cups plant milk
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. pure almond extract
For the rest:
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (gluten-free if needed)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 8 oz. fresh strawberries (about 1.5 cups diced)
- 1/4 cup almonds (sliced)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C).
- Dice strawberries (stems removed) and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all wet ingredients. Gently stir to combine.
- Add oats and baking powder to the bowl. Stir well.
- Fold in diced strawberries and almonds. Then pour mixture into an 8 x 8 glass baking dish. Press down lightly with a spoon or spatula to submerge the oats.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes.
- Either serve immediately, or let rest 10-15 minutes to allow the oatmeal to firm/thicken first.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
Sodium: This is omitted as I cannot provide an accurate number. I encourage you to calculate your own to provide a much more precise reading based on the exact ingredients, brands, and amounts you're using.
If you are enjoying this vegan strawberry baked oatmeal recipe, also check out:
Follow The Garden Grazer on Instagram, Pinterest, or Facebook for more updates and inspiration.
This was a lovely breakfast and enjoyed by all!
Wonderful to hear. Thank you!