A creamy vegan tropical smoothie recipe with banana, mango, and pineapple. Naturally sweetened, refreshing, and absolutely delicious! Plus only 5 simple ingredients. (Gluten-free.)
This bright and creamy tropical fruit smoothie is one of my favorite smoothie recipes.
It is delightfully refreshing and only takes 5 simple ingredients to quickly assemble.
Not to mention the smell alone mentally transports me to vacation a sunny island... sitting under palm trees with warm sand between my toes. Absolute bliss!
It's great for a refreshing snack, breakfast, summer treat, or pick-me-up during the day.
Ingredients for Tropical Smoothie
For this recipe you will blend in a blender:
- Ripe banana: The more brown spots the sweeter it will be. You can use fresh banana, but frozen will result in a creamier texture.
- Mango: Most often I use frozen mango chunks, but fresh mango works too.
- Pineapple: Either frozen pineapple, freshly cut, or canned.
- Orange juice: Either use store-bought, or the freshly squeezed juice from about 3 to 4 oranges.
- Plant milk: Choose your favorite dairy-free milk. Soy milk, almond milk, cashew milk, oat milk, etc. Coconut milk (or even coconut water) is also great for an added tropical taste.
Fruit: Change up the fruit with other substitutions as you see fit. Try peaches, kiwi, papaya, strawberries, or other fruit juices like pineapple juice or lime juice.
Protein: Add a scoop of plain or vanilla protein powder if you wish. Or you can add hemp hearts, chia seeds, etc.
Greens: Feel free to add a boost of nutrients and fresh greens to this recipe like spinach or kale. (It will alter the color however.)
Smoothie bowl: Reduce the liquid and turn this into a thick smoothie bowl instead. Then top it with your favorite additions like fresh banana, coconut flakes, etc.
Liquid base: The key to this smoothie is using a liquid base of both orange juice + milk. It creates creamy texture and wonderful flavor. (You could also include vegan yogurt for a thicker consistency.)
Frozen fruit: For convenience, I usually use frozen mango and pineapple, but if you have fresh fruit that works great as well.
For more inspiration, browse all vegan smoothie recipes.
Tropical Sunshine Smoothie
- 1 ripe banana (frozen if possible)
- 1 cup mango (I use frozen)
- 1 cup pineapple (fresh, frozen, or canned)
- 1 cup orange juice*
- 1 cup plant milk**
- Peaches or agave for extra sweetness
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Adjust if necessary (more liquid to thin, agave for more sweetness, etc.)
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this vegan tropical smoothie recipe, also check out:
- Chunky Monkey Protein Smoothie
- Healthy Vegan Chocolate Milkshake
- Creamy Banana Matcha Smoothie
- Healthy Vegan Cake Shake
- Chocolate Hemp Power Smoothie