Creamy, delicious Cilantro Lime Dressing with avocado! An amazing pairing with Southwestern-style salads. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free option)
I've wanted to make my own creamy cilantro dressing ever since we tried the one from Trader Joe's last year. Store-bought dressings are convenient, but making your own brings a whole new level of flavor and freshness that's hard to beat. Plus you can control the ingredients and adjust the flavors exactly how you want.
This dressing is great on salads, wraps, drizzled on tacos for an extra flavor boost, and as a fun veggie dip. My favorite? Tossing it with this Southwestern Chopped Salad - delicious!
Ingredients for Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Fresh cilantro
- Avocado (or plain vegan yogurt)
- Fresh lime juice
- Olive oil (or water to thin)
- White wine vinegar
- Optional agave and/or cumin (recommended!)
This only takes about 10 minutes to whip up and you can either serve it right away, or chill in the fridge so it's ready to go for later.
Customize Your Dressing
This recipe is super customizable. Here are a few ideas:
- A dash of cayenne pepper or jalapeno (for spiciness)
- Cumin or more garlic
- More lime juice or zest
- Agave to sweeten (and help balance/tone down the tartness)
Creamy Cilantro-Lime Dressing
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro (stems removed and roughly chopped)
- 1/2 avocado (or 1/2 cup plain vegan yogurt)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice (about 1 lime or more to taste)
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil (can omit or replace with water as needed)
- 1 1/2 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
Optional but recommended:
- Agave to sweeten
- Cumin to taste
- Puree all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you're enjoying this cilantro lime dressing, also check out:
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make or adapt this! (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated - thank you!)