Creamy, delicious Cilantro Lime Dressing with avocado! An amazing pairing with Southwestern-style salads! (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free option)
I’ve been wanting to make my own creamy cilantro dressing ever since we tried the one from Trader Joe’s last year. Store-bought dressings are convenient, but making your own brings a whole new level of flavor and freshness that’s hard to beat! Plus you can control the ingredients and tweak the flavors just how you like them.
This only takes about 10 minutes to whip up and you can either serve it right away, or chill in the fridge so it’s ready to go for later. It’s great on salads, wraps, drizzled on tacos for an extra flavor boost, and as a fun veggie dip. My favorite? Tossing it with this Southwestern Chopped Salad – delicious!
Customize Your Cilantro-Lime Dressing
This recipe is super customizable. Here are just a few ideas if you’d like to play around:
To add heat, try cayenne pepper or jalapeno.
For a different flavor combo, add cumin, more garlic, or more lime juice.
If you prefer to tone down the tartness, add a little agave to sweeten and balance the flavors.
Hope you enjoy! Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a pic if you make or adapt this! I love seeing your recreations.
Creamy Cilantro-Lime Dressing
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro (stems removed and roughly chopped)
- 1/2 avocado (or 1/2 cup plain dairy-free yogurt)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice (about 1/2 lime, more to taste)
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil (can omit or replace with water as needed)
- 1 1/2 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
Optional but recommended:
- Agave to sweeten, cumin to taste
- Puree all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.