Creamy, delicious Cilantro Lime Dressing with avocado! An amazing pairing with Southwestern-style salads. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free option)
I’ve wanted to make my own creamy cilantro dressing ever since we tried the one from Trader Joe’s last year. Store-bought dressings are definitely convenient, but making your own brings a whole new level of flavor and freshness that’s hard to beat. Plus you can control the ingredients and tweak the flavors just how you like them!
Ingredients for Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Fresh cilantro
- Avocado (or plain vegan yogurt)
- Fresh lime juice
- Olive oil (or water) to thin
- White wine vinegar
- Optional agave and/or cumin
This only takes about 10 minutes to whip up and you can either serve it right away, or chill in the fridge so it’s ready to go for later. It’s great on salads, wraps, drizzled on tacos for an extra flavor boost, and as a fun veggie dip. My favorite? Tossing it with this Southwestern Chopped Salad – delicious!
Customize Your Cilantro Lime Dressing
This recipe is super customizable. Here are just a few ideas if you’d like to play around:
- A dash of cayenne pepper or jalapeno for spiciness
- Cumin, more garlic, or more lime juice/zest
- Agave to sweeten and tone down the tartness
Hope you enjoy! Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a photo if you make or adapt this! I love seeing your recreations. (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated – thank you!)
Creamy Cilantro-Lime Dressing
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro (stems removed and roughly chopped)
- 1/2 avocado (or 1/2 cup plain vegan yogurt)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice (about 1 lime or more to taste)
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil (can omit or replace with water as needed)
- 1 1/2 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
Optional but recommended:
- Agave to sweeten
- Cumin to taste
- Puree all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.