It only takes about 10 minutes to whip up and you can either serve it right away, or chill in the fridge so it’s ready to go for later. It’s great on salads, wraps, drizzled on tacos for an extra flavor boost, and as a fun veggie dip. My favorite? Tossing it with this Southwestern Chopped Salad – delicious!
NOTES AND VARIATIONS
This dressing is super customizable. Here are just a few ideas if you’d like to play around:
To add heat, try cayenne pepper or jalapeno.
For a different flavor combo, add cumin, more garlic, or more lime juice.
If you prefer to tone down the tartness, add a little agave to sweeten and balance the flavors.
Creamy Cilantro-Lime Dressing
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro (stems removed and roughly chopped)
- 1/2 avocado (or 1/2 cup plain dairy-free yogurt)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice (about 1/2 lime, more to taste)
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup olive oil (can omit or replace with water as needed)
- 1 1/2 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Recommended: agave to sweeten, cumin to taste
- Puree all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.