Creamy, tangy, herb-filled garden dressing with avocado! Ultra-fresh and absolutely lovely with a variety of summer salads. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free)
This deliciously tangy & creamy herb dressing combines both parsley and basil for amazing flavor and freshness. Plus it's completely oil-free!
The creamy base is achieved with avocado, but feel free to swap in dairy-free yogurt or silken tofu if you wish. The dressing works beautifully with a variety of summer salads (or also as a flavor-packed veggie dip).
I adapted this herb dressing from my Creamy Cilantro-Lime Dressing which we adore. But it's a versatile recipe you can play around with, so have fun exploring your own favorite flavors and textures.
To make it a vegetable dip, simply add less water to achieve a thicker consistency if desired.
We especially love it tossed with a fresh Summer Chopped Salad (pictured below). Hope you enjoy as well!
Creamy Garden Herb Dressing
- 1 small avocado (or 1/2 large avocado)
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley (thick stems removed)
- 1/3 cup fresh basil (stems removed)
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon, or more to taste)
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. agave (or other sweetener)
- 1/8 tsp. salt (more/less to taste)
- 3 Tbsp. water to thin (more as need for desired consistency)
- Puree all ingredients in a small food processor or blender until smooth (scraping down sides with spatula as needed.)
- Add more water if needed, a little at a time, until it reaches your desired consistency. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. (More salt, lemon juice, sweetener, etc.)
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you're enjoying this creamy garden herb dressing, also feel free to check out:
- Oil-Free Carrot Ginger Dressing
- Oil-Free Garlic Basil Balsamic Dressing
- Quinoa Avocado Spinach Power Salad
- Cucumber Tomato Salad
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make or adapt this recipe! (Also please leave a review and star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated - thank you!)