Creamy, tangy, herb-filled garden dressing with avocado! Ultra-fresh and absolutely lovely with a variety of summer salads. (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free.)
This deliciously tangy and creamy herb salad dressing combines both parsley and basil for amazing flavor and freshness.
Plus it is oil-free! The creamy base is achieved with avocado, but feel free to swap in dairy-free yogurt or silken tofu if you wish.
The dressing works beautifully with a variety of summer salads (or also as a flavor-packed veggie dip).
I adapted this herb dressing from my Creamy Cilantro-Lime Dressing which we adore.
But it is a versatile recipe you can play around with, so have fun exploring your own favorite flavors and textures.
To make it a vegetable dip, simply add less water to achieve a thicker consistency if desired.
We especially love it tossed with a fresh Summer Chopped Salad (pictured below).
For more inspiration, also browse all salad dressing recipes.
Creamy Garden Herb Dressing
- 1 small avocado (or 1/2 large avocado)
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley (thick stems removed)
- 1/3 cup fresh basil (stems removed)
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon, or more to taste)
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. agave (or other sweetener)
- 1/8 tsp. salt (more/less to taste)
- 3 Tbsp. water to thin (more as need for desired consistency)
- Puree all ingredients in a small food processor or blender until smooth (scraping down sides with spatula as needed.)
- Add more water if needed, a little at a time, until it reaches your desired consistency. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. (More salt, lemon juice, sweetener, etc.)
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this creamy avocado garden herb salad dressing, also feel free to check out:
- Oil Free Carrot Ginger Dressing
- Oil Free Garlic Basil Balsamic Dressing
- Quinoa Avocado Spinach Power Salad
- Cucumber Tomato Salad