This is a wonderful recipe because it works with such a wide variety of vegetables. I listed some additional ideas below, so swap in whatever veggies you like and have on hand. You could also pair it with our favorite Easy Savory Baked Tofu!
Vegetable Lo Mein
- 8 oz. lo mein noodles (or spaghetti, linguini, rice noodles, etc.)
- 1 small red onion
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 carrot (julienned)
- 8 oz. mushrooms
- 5 green onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce*
- 1 Tbsp. tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- Cilantro, peanuts, cashews, sesame seeds
- Cook noodles according to package instructions. Then drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, slice mushrooms, red onion, bell pepper, green onion, and mince garlic.
- In a wok or large pan over med-high heat, add sesame oil.
- Once oil is hot, carefully add mushrooms, red onion, bell pepper, and carrots. Sauté for about 4-5 minutes, or until veggies are crisp-tender.
- Add green onions and garlic. Cook 1 minute, stirring continuously.
- Add noodles, hoisin sauce, and tamari. Gently stir to combine and heat for 1-2 minutes.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)