Crisp, refreshing Vegan Greek-inspired Chopped Salad with a garbanzo bean protein boost and tangy vinegar-oregano dressing! (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free)
This is my take on a Greek-inspired chopped salad and I can't even tell you how many times I've made it. It's so crisp, refreshing, flavorful, and perfect for summer. (Plus has an added protein boost from the garbanzo beans.)
I also love how fast it comes together. The vinegar-oregano dressing takes under a minute, then you just chop up the veggies, and toss it all together.
Ingredients for Greek Chopped Salad
- Roma tomatoes
- Red bell pepper
- Red onion
- Garbanzo beans
- Red wine vinegar
- Dried oregano
Plus, it makes a great make-ahead dish for take-along lunches, picnics, potlucks, etc. Since the flavors get better with time, you can make it a day ahead so it's ready to go.
Ultimate Greek Chopped Salad
- 1 large cucumber (I use hothouse/English)
- 4-5 ripe roma tomatoes (or grape tomatoes)
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1/2 small red onion
- 15 oz. can garbanzo beans (rinsed and drained)
- Optional: olives, vegan feta, pepperoncini, fresh herbs
For the vinegar dressing:
- 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. salt (more/less to taste)
- Make the dressing: in a small bowl, combine all ingredients and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Dice the cucumber, onion, bell pepper and tomatoes (removing any excess liquid from tomatoes).
- Put vegetables and garbanzo beans in a large bowl.
- Add dressing and toss to combine.
- Can eat immediately or refrigerate for at least an hour to let flavors combine. Some dressing will settle on the bottom, so stir before serving.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you're enjoying this salad, also feel free to check out:
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make or adapt this! (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated - thank you!)