Crisp, refreshing Greek Chopped Salad with a garbanzo bean protein boost and tangy vinegar-oregano dressing! (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free)
I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve made this Greek Chopped Salad. It’s so crisp, refreshing, and flavorful. Plus an added protein boost from the garbanzo beans that leaves me pleasantly filled and satisfied. And I love how fast it comes together. The red wine vinegar-oregano dressing takes under a minute, then you just chop up the veggies, toss it all together, and do a face plant right in the center of the bowl. Errr… I mean eat it gracefully with a spoon 😉
Plus, it also makes an amazing make-ahead dish for take-along lunches, picnics, potlucks or summer get-togethers. Since the flavors get better with time, you can easily make it a day ahead of time so it’s ready to go. Hope you enjoy!
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a picture if you make or adapt this! I love seeing your recreations. (Or leave a review/star rating below if you give it a try – your feedback is very appreciated!)
Ultimate Greek Chopped Salad
- 1 hothouse cucumber
- 4-5 ripe roma tomatoes (or grape tomatoes)
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1/2 small red onion
- 15 oz. can garbanzo beans (rinsed and drained)
- Optional: olives, vegan feta, pepperoncini, fresh herbs
For the vinegar dressing:
- 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Make the dressing: in a small bowl, combine all ingredients and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Dice the cucumber, onion, bell pepper and tomatoes (removing any excess liquid from tomatoes).
- Put vegetables and garbanzo beans in a large bowl.
- Add dressing and toss to combine.
- Can eat immediately or refrigerate for at least an hour to let flavors combine. Some dressing will settle on the bottom, so stir before serving.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Enjoying this Greek Chopped Salad and looking for more salad deliciousness? Also check out the full “Vegan Salad Archives” on the site for more plant-based inspiration!