I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve made this salad. It’s so crisp, refreshing, and flavorful (plus an added protein boost from the garbanzo beans!) And I love how fast it comes together. The red wine vinegar-oregano dressing takes under a minute, then you just chop up the veggies, toss it all together, and do a face plant right in the center of the bowl. Errr… I mean eat it gracefully with a spoon 😉
Ultimate Greek Chopped Salad
- 1 hothouse cucumber
- 4-5 ripe roma tomatoes (or grape tomatoes)
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1/2 small red onion
- 15 oz. can garbanzo beans (rinsed and drained)
- Optional: olives, dairy-free feta, pepperoncini, fresh herbs
For the dressing
- 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil (omit for oil-free)
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Make the dressing: in a small bowl, combine all ingredients and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Dice the cucumber, onion, bell pepper and tomatoes (removing any excess liquid from tomatoes).
- Put vegetables and garbanzo beans in a large bowl.
- Add dressing and toss to combine.
- Can eat immediately or refrigerate for at least an hour to let flavors combine. Some dressing will settle on the bottom, so stir before serving.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)