Crisp, refreshing Vegan Greek Chopped Salad with a garbanzo bean protein boost and tangy vinegar-oregano dressing! (Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free)
This is my take on a Greek chopped salad and I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve made it. It’s so crisp, refreshing, flavorful, and perfect for summer. (Plus there’s an added protein boost from the garbanzo beans!) And I love how fast it comes together. The red wine vinegar-oregano dressing takes under a minute, then you just chop up the veggies, toss it all together, and do a face plant right in the center of the bowl. I mean… eat it gracefully with a spoon 😉
Plus, it also makes an amazing make-ahead dish for take-along lunches, picnics, potlucks or summer get-togethers. Since the flavors get better with time, you can easily make it a day ahead of time so it’s ready to go. Hope you enjoy as well!
PS – come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and share a photo if you make or adapt this! (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is greatly appreciated – thank you!)
Ultimate Greek Chopped Salad
- 1 large cucumber (I use hothouse/English)
- 4-5 ripe roma tomatoes (or grape tomatoes)
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1/2 small red onion
- 15 oz. can garbanzo beans (rinsed and drained)
- Optional: olives, vegan feta, pepperoncini, fresh herbs
For the vinegar dressing:
- 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. salt (more/less to taste)
- Make the dressing: in a small bowl, combine all ingredients and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Dice the cucumber, onion, bell pepper and tomatoes (removing any excess liquid from tomatoes).
- Put vegetables and garbanzo beans in a large bowl.
- Add dressing and toss to combine.
- Can eat immediately or refrigerate for at least an hour to let flavors combine. Some dressing will settle on the bottom, so stir before serving.
Nutrition Per Serving (estimate)
Enjoying this Greek Chopped Salad and looking for more salad deliciousness? Also check out this fresh Summer Chopped Salad with Creamy Herb Dressing, Avocado Veggie Sandwich, or this simple Cucumber Salad!