This Vegan Black Bean Queso Dip is healthy, creamy, and satisfying! (Plus nutrition-wise, it knocks “real” queso dip right out of the park.)
Vegan Queso dip! Nutrition-wise, this knocks the “real dairy” queso dip right out of the park. Cashews, nutritional yeast, and black beans combine for a powerful nutritional force that leaves us feeling satisfied & energized.
Plus it’s a versatile recipe you can make your own. Add bell pepper, diced tomatoes, salsa, jalapenos, green chiles, or even chipotle for a smoky kick. We love ours topped with tomatoes and green onions, but play around to find your own favorite ways to make and serve!
And if you’re looking for more simple side dishes and dips, also check out:
Vegan Black Bean Queso
- 1 small onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 15 oz. can black beans
For the vegan cheese sauce:
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground turmeric
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Soak cashews for at least an hour* (or overnight). Drain and rinse.
- Make the cheese sauce: place all sauce ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Dice onion, mince garlic.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute onion for about 7-8 minutes or until soft.
- Add garlic, cook for 30 seconds.
- Add black beans and cheese sauce. Heat over med-low for about 8 minutes, stirring often, until sauce has thickened.
- Best served warm.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
Enjoying this Black Bean Vegan Queso? Feel free to also check out the full “Vegan Sides” recipe archives on the site for more tasty plant based inspiration!
Come join The Garden Grazer on Instagram and then share a photo if you make or adapt this recipe! (Also please leave a review & star rating below if you give it a try. Your feedback is always greatly appreciated – thank you!)