This vegan bean dip is made with a hearty, crowd-pleasing combination of both refried beans and black beans! It is quick and easy to prepare, and perfect for parties or game time.
This tasty vegan bean dip is made with a satisfying combination of refried beans and black beans. Then it is topped with fresh, crisp vegetables.
Plus it is quick and easy to prepare, and easily customizable.
Bean dips are typically a crowd-pleasing recipe, so it is great for parties and snacking.
This recipe comes together pretty quick but you could also prepare it ahead of time (through all steps except heating in the oven).
Then just cover, refrigerate, and pop in the oven when you are ready, leaving no hassle come game time.
We also enjoy smoked paprika and ground chipotle to change up the flavors.
Vegan Bean Dip
- 15 oz. can refried beans (vegetarian-style)
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup vegan cheese shreds (more or less)
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- Salt to taste
- Tortilla chips for dipping
- Toppings (optional): tomatoes, green onion, avocado, olives, etc.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C).
- Dice onion and mince garlic. In a pan over medium-high heat, sauté onion for about 8 minutes or until softened. (I use 3 Tbsp. water/broth for no-oil sauté method.)
- Add garlic, cumin, and salt to taste. Stir and sauté 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add refried beans and black beans (rinsed and drained). Stir with spatula to combine. Heat for 3 minutes until refried beans soften.
- Transfer mixture to a lightly sprayed 8 x 8 inch baking dish. Top with cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Top with diced tomatoes, green onions, avocado, or other toppings of choice. Serve with tortilla chips for dipping.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this vegan bean dip, also check out: