These satisfying black bean fajitas with mushrooms and sweet corn are a quick and easy vegan weeknight meal that everyone can also personalize with their favorite toppings.
These satisfying black bean fajitas with mushrooms and sweet corn are a great weeknight meal. They come together quick and easy, and are so flavorful.
Plus everyone can also customize theirs with their own favorite toppings!
Ingredients for Black Bean Fajitas
For this recipe you will need:
- Bell peppers: Any color or a variety of colors.
- Yellow onion
- Mushrooms: I use cremini, but white button or portobello work well too.
- Sweet corn
- Black beans
- Taco seasoning
- Tortillas of choice
Tip: this meal comes together even faster by making the taco seasoning and prepping the onions and peppers in advance.
Serving Your Fajitas
Finish it off with your favorite toppings such as:
- Guacamole or avocado
- Vegan sour cream
- Vegan cheese shreds
- Pico de Gallo
- Restaurant-Style Blender Salsa
- Fresh cilantro
- Hot sauce
Corn & Black Bean Fajitas
- 3 bell peppers (any color)
- 1 large onion
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups sweet corn (I use frozen, no need to thaw)
- 30 oz. canned black beans (two 15 oz. cans)
- 3 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- Tortillas of choice (corn, flour, whole wheat)
Toppings of choice:
- Guacamole, dairy-free cheese, salsa, tomatoes, lime juice, cilantro, etc.
- Thinly slice bell peppers and onion.
- In an extra-large pan over medium-high heat, sauté onion for about 5 minutes. (I use 3 Tbsp. vegetable broth/water for no-oil sauté method.)
- Add bell peppers, mushrooms, and taco seasoning to pan. Sauté for about 10 minutes or until desired tenderness.
- Add corn and black beans (rinsed and drained). Stir to combine, and heat for about 5 minutes.
- Serve on tortillas with toppings of choice.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying these black bean fajitas, also browse all Mexican-inspired recipes or check out:
Please leave a review and rating if you make or adapt this recipe. Your feedback is always very appreciated - thank you!
Follow The Garden Grazer on Instagram, Pinterest, or RSS for more updates and inspiration.