Loaded Vegan Black Bean Quesadilla with sweet corn, tomatoes, and spiked with flavorful cumin. A quick and easy weeknight meal that is easy to customize!
This vegan black bean quesadilla is quick and easy to assemble.
Plus they are so satisfying and family friendly. Everyone can customize theirs with their own favorite additions.
So feel free to change it up with different vegetables, your favorite cheese, and various spices.
Ground cumin and smoked paprika are two favorites of mine.
Also be sure to find a good vegan melting cheese for this recipe.
There are so many great options on the market now. (A couple I enjoy are the Follow Your Heart cheese shreds or Miyoko's brand.)
We also enjoy dunking these in creamy guacamole, restaurant style salsa, or fresh Pico de Gallo. Hope you enjoy these as well!
Loaded Veggie & Black Bean Quesadilla
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 2 roma tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sweet corn (I use frozen and thaw it)
- 2-3 green onions
- 1/2 cup vegan shredded cheese (I like Follow Your Heart brand)
- Ground cumin, to taste
- 4 large tortillas (gluten-free if desired)
- Optional additions: cooked brown rice, quinoa, garlic, smoked paprika, etc.
- Rinse and drain black beans. Chop tomatoes and green onion.
- Place a tortilla on a skillet. (I leave the stove turned off until assembly is complete.)
- To one half of the quesadilla, add a light layer of cheese, followed by the beans, veggies, and rice/quinoa (if using).
- Add another layer of cheese on top to help “glue” both sides together. Sprinkle a bit of cumin, then fold over the top half of quesadilla and gently press down.
- Heat over medium for a few minutes on each side or until heated through. Repeat for the rest of the quesadillas.
Nutrition Per Serving (Estimate)
If you are enjoying this Black Bean Quesadilla, also browse more Mexican-inspired recipes or check out: